Want to do Air Brush - is it worth it???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardasnails

Reaction score
I was hoping that instead of P & W I could just do air brush and cut down on acrylic time. Do you feel it is cost effective? I purchased an airbrush online, but don't have any training or products to go with it yet. Any suggestions? Should I get the compressor or just the cans of air?

Thanks.

Airbrushing is an excellent add on service to your menu. Airbrushing applied to Pink and whites can look beautiful.

If your not happy with your P&W then go for some 1 to 1 training to tweak things into place.

Pink and whites do take time to master, and to master it and offer it will be a great service to offer.

Take care xx

Airbrushing is a great add-on service if you have the clients who want it. As for my clients, they don't want it at all. I have a great airbrush gathering dust and only use it on myself.

If I were you, I wouldn't invest too much until you are refusing clients because you don't offer the service.

Hi!,

I bought an airbrush a couple of years ago, got trained to use it and now use it all the time. Most clients of mine like the fancy french but when it comes to school proms and parties etc, I get asked for all sorts of things! I recently did green and yellow with black palm trees for a local african artist who had an exhibition near me!lol.
If you do go ahead...definitely get a compressor. I have tried with cans, especially with the body art and i found the pressure was crap and they didn't last.
Maybe find out from your existing clients if it is something they would like? Urban geek is right, Theres no point in investing a lot of time or money if you don't think it would sell. I have an example board up and that creates interest.
A lot of my clients like airbrush designs on their toes too in the summer!!

Sam xx

Forgot to say,

I've dealt with a lot of companies and i thought his lot were great...

http://www.airbrushes.com/

Really know what they are talking about and great service.

S. x

What is an example board? I am new to this site.

An example board or your airbrush display board is Where you put tips that you have airbrushed already to show off your designs. Great way to get clients to see what you do and encourage them to have it done. Its and excellent service to add, I have a girlfriend and that is all her salon offers and she is full to the brim with customers. Only does airbrushed french and then all other beautiful designs. I have ordered one and I am getting her to teach me. If you can afford it I would give it a go, if you can create a demand for it.
xxx:Love:

could you not airbrush a french then seal with gel?

Latest posts

Back