Waxing appointment for client in hospital-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslelly2020

Reaction score
I've just had an phone call requesting a lip and chin waxing appointment for her mother who is in hospital, apparently they have spoken to the nurse staff who have said they are happy for this to be done.
I've said I'll need to check with my insurance but can't see it being a problem. Anyone done similar?

Got some mor info, she is in basically for a cold virus. And is taking rivaroxaban which is a blood thinner.

Last edited:
I haven't done this myself but as an ex nurse the following questions pop up in my head:

1. would it be worth the money for the time it would involve
2. heating the wax prior to and when arriving on the ward (time?)
3. will the patient be there - they may be whisked off for an x-ray or test at any moment without notice
4. if the consultant comes round you would have to be away from the patient
5. most hospitals now charge for parking - this might be as much as you charge the client

A lot would would depend on the type of ward she is on and why she is in. What are her current medical problems and would they be contraindicated to waxing?

Sorry - negative points I know, but things to think about.

I haven't done this myself but as an ex nurse the following questions pop up in my head:

1. would it be worth the money for the time it would involve
2. heating the wax prior to and when arriving on the ward (time?)
3. will the patient be there - they may be whisked off for an x-ray or test at any moment without notice
4. if the consultant comes round you would have to be away from the patient
5. most hospitals now charge for parking - this might be as much as you charge the client

A lot would would depend on the type of ward she is on and why she is in. What are her current medical problems and would they be contraindicated to waxing?

Sorry - negative points I know, but things to think about.

Don't mind the negative point at all. They are more than happy to pay the extra for parking. I don't mind that it may not be worth my time doing it as I don't have any other appointments booked in after her so it's not like I'll be missing out on anything there if that makes sense. The only contraindication is Rivaroxaban which is a blood thinner. Would you still perform a lip & chin wax? I take aspirin which is a blood thinner without any problems with waxing. Would threading be a better alternative?

Don't mind the negative point at all. They are more than happy to pay the extra for parking. I don't mind that it may not be worth my time doing it as I don't have any other appointments booked in after her so it's not like I'll be missing out on anything there if that makes sense. The only contraindication is Rivaroxaban which is a blood thinner. Would you still perform a lip & chin wax? I take aspirin which is a blood thinner without any problems with waxing. Would threading be a better alternative?

Sounds like you've thought it through well.

I would go with the threading just in case the waxing causes any blood spotting.

If you do threading I bet you get an audience of nurses to watch you do it! [emoji4] take some business cards to hand out!!

Rivaroxaban is stronger than aspirin - it's more on the warfarin end of the blood thinner scale. Add this to advanced age (I'm assuming she's elderly as her daughter made enquiries, she's on a blood thinner and is in hospital for a cold - I may be wrong obviously!) - causing reduced skin elasticity and there's more chance of bleeding issues.

I'd probably go for threading rather than waxing, it also saves the hassle of having to find somewhere to put your pot (there's never any room in hospitals). Although hot wax may be an option?

Might also be worth running it past your insurance company?

Thanks everyone. I spoke to my insurance and they were happy so long as the doctor would sign a note to say they were happy. But turns out she's also on a strong antibiotics which thin the skin so going to thread instead.

Latest posts

Back