Waxing leaving pigmentation changes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I've a new client asking me about threading on her face as she feels waxing has left her with areas of darker skin and is wondering if threading is better?
I've been waxing 4 years and not found this to of been or become an issue nor have I heard of it.
Could her darker pigmentation be down to years of waxing or not? If so will threading be beneficial for her?
Thankyou x

Just wanted to bump this as my client has now been in and I have threaded her lip.
Underneath she has dark pigmentation it was definately her skin and not her hairs.
She's using bio oil as she thought this would be good for the pigmentation. I really want to help her and advise why this has happened and what she could do, she obviously very self conscious.
Can any help me please?
Thankyou

I've been waxing clients for 27 years and have never encountered any pigmentation issues in connection with waxing.
It is likely that your client would have developed these marks (as with liver spots on the hands) anyway.
Prevention is the best road forward, so advise using a daily sun factor product - so this could be a moisturiser with SPF15+ in it or a foundation if she wears make up every day.

Hi Thankyou for your reply CFBS,
It seemed strange she's had it only in the area that has been waxed repeatedly. (Lip)
I will advise the suncream Thankyou.

Could be hormonal changes causing it, contraceptive pill? Mask of pregnancy? Or obviously, sun damage but like you say strange it's only on her lip. Has she not got any pigmentation on her forehead? She could try a peel, agera peels are good for pigmentation. Microderm is good if it is quite superficial? What colour skin does she have?

Hi Rachel sorry for the late reply.
She has dark skin, brown hair but I wouldn't really even put her under "olive skin toned" she has no other pigmentation anywhere.
She said once before when she had her lip waxed she did then go on holiday and at the moment we're putting it down to that.
I will suggest the microderm if you think that's a good idea.

Latest posts

Back