waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty by day

Reaction score
Hi

i wonder if anyone can advise me, i have performed a 1/2 a leg wax on a new client, i was a bit concerned as her legs has spider vains which i did mention to the client, also i also thought the hairs looked a bit patchy in areas, i spoke to the client and i and mentioned about the veins, also i spoke about the the patchy area but she insisted that i go ahead. and that she visits the beauy salon in her area every six week. so i went ahead with the wax, i was worried waxing areas where there were no hairs the procedure had taken me at least 1hr and i felt concern.

the client left and she rang me back later in the day asking me to take alook as there are some hair that still need removing. the hairs are so fine that i am concerned that anoither wax 24hrs after is not good. could anyone pls advise me on this.

The patchy lack of hairs will be down to the fact that your client gets waxed every six weeks as waxing can cause the hairs to stop growing in areas. So this is actually a positive thing not a negative!

The spider veins as you call them should not be a problem unless they are raised and you can feel them with your fingers!

Are you trained? A trained therapist would have known this as it would have been taught in your contra-indication section???

If you are not trained then you will not be insured and i suggest you leave this woman alone as it doesn't sound like she had anything wrong with her legs, the problem is you missed alot of hairs! You have to make sure you get everyone before they leave!

You could bring herback in but it depends on the amount of hairs left you could tweeze a few out foc or do small dabs of wax over a thin layer of oil if there is bigger patches (which there really shouldn't be if you did your job right!)

Oh and 1hr for a 1/2 leg??? I really hope your training!

I would wax over broken capillaries, if they are not raised, but would do only small patches at a time, and with a good stretch. With regard to the patchiness.... or indeed any client whose hair is difficult to see, i.e. blondes and redheads.... you must be methodical and make sure you wax the whole body part not just the hairs you can see. It's very very frustrating when you have your waxing done then come home to find you are still hairy! I'm not sure what the problem is with waxing skin that has no hair? The other thing with it is, as waxing exfoliates the skin, if you don't do the whole area, just patches where you can see hair, then there's a possibility of making the skin tone uneven.

Hi There are two separate issues - and this should be discussed during consultation.
Patchy hair growth this could be due to a variety of factors which could include the results of regular waxing or hormonal influences. What age is the client and does she take any medications. Patchiness also indicates varying changes in the hair growth cycle - hair can be dormant or just slower growing in which the hair will come through later maybe after waxing. In different lighting areas that appear hairfree can indeed be hairy and I would wax regardless.
Spider veins - it depends on the severity and the extent. Waxing with care over/around very mild ones should not pose a problem but more severe veins can cause brusing and more damage. I would also assess the condition of her skin. I would use a gentle wax for this client and check on her skin condition post waxing. I always patch test a small area to check response to the heat and the waxing itself on every client as you can never tell the reaction.

To avoid leaving areas unwaxed, ensure you have excellent lighting as this makes finer lighter hairs easier to see. A mag lamp can be very good for this.

Also, did you ask your client to check her legs before she got off the couch. Sometimes the client can see unwaxed hairs because she is viewing her legs from a different angle to you.

I would wax over thread veins as they are not the same as varicose veins, where you should be very careful. As has been said, just be careful not to cause bruising.

With regard to the patch hair growth.......I wouldn't worry about it. Don't get too bogged down with theory as it isb't always true to life. Make sure that you wax the entire area, regardless of if there's hair there or not and you're sure to get them all. Who knows why her hair is paych? I have clients who follow the aftercare and still get ingrown hairs and those who do nothing and they don't get one. xxx

Latest posts

Back