Websites..again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_B

Reaction score
Hi,
I know there are countless threads about websites, and I have been reading them all but Im more confused than ever!
Basically I am wanting a basic website that will not cost me a lot/anything!
I am not overly skilled on the computer, so want something fairly easy and stress free to maintain without tearing my hair out!
A few people have mentioned the vista print ones to me and I have taken a look and they seem ok for what I want, but am unsure if this is the best road to take?
Any advice would be great. Thanks ever so!

Hi,
I know there are countless threads about websites, and I have been reading them all but Im more confused than ever!
I am not overly skilled on the computer, so want something fairly easy and stress free to maintain without tearing my hair out!
A few people have mentioned the vista print ones to me and I have taken a look and they seem ok for what I want, but am unsure if this is the best road to take?

Hi

Try www.freewebs.com you can build your own and add photos on there.:hug:

Try Freewebs, Mr Site, Geocities, Vistaprint...

No need for any html knowledge just templates really....Kim x

Great thanks very much everyone

I would say Vistaprint because you can get all your stationary, marketing literature from them. Your website can then look the same as your business cards, notelets etc.

I would say Vistaprint because you can get all your stationary, marketing literature from them. Your website can then look the same as your business cards, notelets etc.

Hiya! Newbie Here!

Just wanted to say that vistaprint are fab - they can even design a logo and stuff for you to have printed on letterheads etc. It was free to make the logo but you have to pay to download it to use yourself (if that makes sense?!) They will put it onto loads of their own products though. Ive had a website done, tshirt, pen, notebooks (all free) and Im in the middle of doing some leaflets.

Hope this helps!! :smack:

xxx

Hi,
ive just set up with health hosts after seeing someone elses web site advertised on here. very impressed was live within hours of set up with them. paid a one off fee for them to customise to my salon colours and logo, i pay a monthly fee to them. it is def worth this for back up. cost me £9 2 year domain name. so simple to use, check out mine The Beauty Room in Preston - Welcome...

ive just set up with health hosts after seeing someone elses web site advertised on here. very impressed was live within hours of set up with them. paid a one off fee for them to customise to my salon colours and logo, i pay a monthly fee to them. it is def worth this for back up. cost me £9 2 year domain name. so simple to use, check out mine The Beauty Room in Preston - Welcome...

Ah yes, just been to their site, think they charge £9.95 per month by the look of it. How easy is their content management system to use, incidentally?

Ah yes, just been to their site, think they charge £9.95 per month by the look of it. How easy is their content management system to use, incidentally?

I can also recommend Healthosts.

I used to be with them for a few years, fancied a change so went with another company. Didn't get as good a result or as much business & found it fiddly to add content to, so went back to Healthhosts.

It's very easy to use their content management system & they have a useds guide which is easy to follow. Failing that Mike is very prompt at replying to any queries & emails.

If you want to get away from the template sites then I would suggest Healthhosts.

Plus, if you want to send out regular emails to your contacts you can get all this to match up with your website (although I haven't got around to doing that yet)

Ok, so made a site with office live which I really enjoyed, but, people keep having problems finding it, and right now for example, the page just wont come up at all. which is really not good and starting to really annoy me!

Ok, so made a site with office live which I really enjoyed, but, people keep having problems finding it, and right now for example, the page just wont come up at all. which is really not good and starting to really annoy me!

Ah, what is the URL (web address) of your Office Live site? Sorry to hear that it's being temperamental.

Latest posts

Back