Wella Colour Touch question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne0112

Reaction score
Hello!

Yesterday I went to the hair dresser with the goal to go from natural llight blonde to medium-dark auburn. So I chose Wella color touch 6/47 red brown with 1.9%. I already did a strand test with this color at home so I was confident it would turn out great. My hair is very long (elbow length) and thick, so therefore I decided to go to the hairdresser to get it done.

Unfortunately the color didn't stick and when she washed it out I had still blonde shining through at weird places and the tips of my hair were a very flat instead of deep color. I think this is because she put the color on wet hair instead of dry. The hairdresser told me she could not use the same color because it was so uneven and we had to redo the whole thing with a different one. The second time she used Wella color touch 66/45 red red violet with 4% and heat. This fortunately worked out well and the color is really intense now.

I have a very bright deep dark red now which suits my skin tone and is actually quite beautiful, but I am afraid it is a bit too flamboyant for me.

So my question is if it is possible to still go to a more 'natural' auburn color with color touch and what would be the best color to achieve this? I also don't know how long this color will last as it was such a big change. Thank you! :)

A strand test if just one part of your hair. It doesn’t take into account the porosity of the whole head.

Colour touch should also go on wet hair

A strand test if just one part of your hair. It doesn’t take into account the porosity of the whole head.

Colour touch should also go on wet hair

So, the reason why I thought it went wrong because of the wet hair, is because I took the strand from the place were the blond was shining through. The strand was also full hair length and now the color was completely different shades from bottom to top. My entire hair didn't even come close to the strand which was evenly colored from top to bottom, so I really think she applied it wrong. But anyway, that doesn't matter now does it?

That didn't answer any of my questions though, so if you could give advise that would be more helpful :).

In the salon I work in we apply colour touch on dry hair depending on porosity etc so it can be done let it fade for a bit.

[detailed colour formula advice removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
In the salon I work in we apply colour touch on dry hair depending on porosity etc so it can be done let it fade for a bit

Thank you, that's what I needed! I'll probably try it in a few weeks and let you know if it worked :).

So, the reason why I thought it went wrong because of the wet hair, is because I took the strand from the place were the blond was shining through. The strand was also full hair length and now the color was completely different shades from bottom to top. My entire hair didn't even come close to the strand which was evenly colored from top to bottom, so I really think she applied it wrong. But anyway, that doesn't matter now does it?

That didn't answer any of my questions though, so if you could give advise that would be more helpful :).
I assume your not a hairdresser

Until such time as the OP confirms whether she is or isn’t a hair professional, the detailed colour formula has been removed.

No, obiously not because I am asking advise which you don't seem to be able to give. I went to a hairdresser also because she is a professional and I am not. That doesn't mean however that I don't know anything about the structure of hair, porosity or chemicals and can't have my own speculations when she makes a mistake. Anyway, I never pretended to know for sure what went wrong in the process, because I am not a hairdresser. I was simply asking advise about the color and not about how to apply it.

No, obiously not because I am asking advise which you don't seem to be able to give. I went to a hairdresser also because she is a professional and I am not. That doesn't mean however that I don't know anything about the structure of hair, porosity or chemicals and can't have my own speculations when she makes a mistake. Anyway, I never pretended to know for sure what went wrong in the process, because I am not a hairdresser. I was simply asking advise about the color and not about how to apply it.

Unfortunately Anne, the hair professionals using the Salon Geek website are not allowed to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are unqualified.

One of the previous posters, also a new site member, was obviously unaware of this when providing you with a very specific response.

That's me I'm guilty sorry!! Just made this tonight still getting used to it. Will know for next time so apologies :) x

Latest posts

Back