What are your top 3 make-up products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to just jump in here but I am slowly building my kit, which are your fav la femme blushers? And do you rate their eyeshadow?thanks
I have the 12 blush pan with a mixture of warm and cool colours. Most have a matte finish. The colours I have are Stormy Rose, Flamingo Pink, Magenta, Grape, Sienna, Heather, Coral, Red, Peach, Mulberry, Naturelle and Russet. I also have Apricot and and Brick Red in a separate pan.

I haven't tried the eyeshadow :)

Thank you! Can I ask where you get the Yaby palettes from? x
You can get them from The Makeup Artist Boutique or Love Makeup.

You can get them from The Makeup Artist Boutique or Love Makeup.

I'm just looking at the make up forever hd foundations, would you say the light skin beige tone would be a good general shade for fair complexions? x

I have the 12 blush pan with a mixture of warm and cool colours. Most have a matte finish. The colours I have are Stormy Rose, Flamingo Pink, Magenta, Grape, Sienna, Heather, Coral, Red, Peach, Mulberry, Naturelle and Russet. I also have Apricot and and Brick Red in a separate pan.

I haven't tried the eyeshadow :)

Thanks very much, that's a great help x

Which mini palette do you have? There are four to choose from, I wouldn't even know what to do with one of them :lol: x

Thanks for your reply, I was actually going to message you..
I would like some good all round foundations that suit more than one skin type.
I am confident with make up application but with so many foundations to choose from I'm a bit lost lol!
Particularly when doing bridal make up as obviously they will be photographed so I want to make sure I don't pick foundation that gives the dreaded white face! x

Just make sure that you are avoiding SPF so you don't get flash back from photos causing the white face. MAC face & Body is fantastic for brides when they don't need much coverage, it has a lovely natural, dewy finish but ca be built up and looks lovely lightly powdered for those wanting more of a matte finish.

The Graftobian cream foundations are also fantastic and I have been loving Illamasqua Skin Base foundation too, especially as it comes in so many shades! x

I'm just looking at the make up forever hd foundations, would you say the light skin beige tone would be a good general shade for fair complexions? x
I would get 3 cool and 3 warm shades. You can custom mix to cover a wide range of skintones from light to dark.
Cool - 115, 128 and 178
Warm - 117, 155 and 177

Oh ladies thank you soooo much for taking the time to reply this is so helpful and exactly what I'm looking for!
The mac face and body gets such great reviews, I've been wanting to try Illamasqua skinbase for my personal use, but didn't want to buy online incase I got the wrong shade.
I got a sample of Estée Lauder double wear light, as I believe you get no flashback from it, but it's not great coverage- no problem if you have good skin x

Oh ladies thank you soooo much for taking the time to reply this is so helpful and exactly what I'm looking for!
The mac face and body gets such great reviews, I've been wanting to try Illamasqua skinbase for my personal use, but didn't want to buy online incase I got the wrong shade.
I got a sample of Estée Lauder double wear light, as I believe you get no flashback from it, but it's not great coverage- no problem if you have good skin x

Illamasqua now have moving swatches on their website so it's not too difficult to tell how the shades will be in person. They also do a white which is handy to have to mix with other foundations for very pale ladies, that way you won't need to buy all of the lightest shades. Face & Body comes in white too x

Hi pink fairy. I thought I would add my bit.

Benefit Porefessional as my pores are quite big. It really does work however its a bit pricey.

MAC black track eyeliner. It's lovely but in actual fact mines drying up so it isn't as effective. Any ideas?

MAC studio fix fluid foundation and Illamasqua white foundation to mix with it if I'm having a pale day.

Xx

Illamasqua now have moving swatches on their website so it's not too difficult to tell how the shades will be in person. They also do a white which is handy to have to mix with other foundations for very pale ladies, that way you won't need to buy all of the lightest shades. Face & Body comes in white too x

Am I right in thinking white face and body is a pro product? I think I'll order some white illamasqua and my shade to try it out personally x

Hi pink fairy. I thought I would add my bit.

Benefit Porefessional as my pores are quite big. It really does work however its a bit pricey.

MAC black track eyeliner. It's lovely but in actual fact mines drying up so it isn't as effective. Any ideas?

MAC studio fix fluid foundation and Illamasqua white foundation to mix with it if I'm having a pale day.

Xx
Thanks for your reply, I've been using studio sculpt on myself through the winter, I like the mac foundations.

Is the Benefit product a primer? X

Am I right in thinking white face and body is a pro product?
Yes it is, you can buy it in the pro shop in London or via the MAC orderline.

I just wanted to second the recommendations for both Make up Forever HD and Illamasqua Skin Base foundations. They are both brilliant. Especially the MU4E ones, which I LOVE and am saving up to stock up on for my kit, as I'm trying to replace my MAC stuff.

If you can get to london and take your qualifications/business card into PAM in shepherd's bush, you get a pretty good discount on MU4E!

Yes it is, you can buy it in the pro shop in London or via the MAC orderline.

I just wanted to second the recommendations for both Make up Forever HD and Illamasqua Skin Base foundations. They are both brilliant. Especially the MU4E ones, which I LOVE and am saving up to stock up on for my kit, as I'm trying to replace my MAC stuff.

If you can get to london and take your qualifications/business card into PAM in shepherd's bush, you get a pretty good discount on MU4E!

I was going to mention MUFE too, Guru Makeup Emporium also stock MUFE and offer discount.

With MAC pro items it is best to make sure they have them in stock before going to the store itself, whenever I've been they've been out of stock of a lot of things. I often order over the phone now instead rather than be disappointed when I get there!

I agree with the Illamasqua Skin Base recommendations too, it's fab! And they offer 40% discount online for pro's.

I'm going to burn some plastic tonight!
Thank so much ladies this is great! :D x

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I've been using studio sculpt on myself through the winter, I like the mac foundations.

Is the Benefit product a primer? X

I use it in place of a primer so yeah I think it is. It has the feel of a primer consistency. Then you just put your foundation on after it xx

I must go and have a test of it- any excuse to play with make up lol! X

Could anyone send me a link to the Dermablend palette that they use, as there are several.
Also, I got a sample of Estée Lauder doublewear light and it's not great coverage and looks a bit grubby? So I won't be using that lol.
I've ordered some skinbase and face and body

Hi,

Top 3 products for me are:

1. Airbase foundation (I know this it is super expensive for the kit but it has worked really well for me, range of colours that suits all skin types and hides a multitude of sins)

2. Naked pallet by Urban Decay

3. Bobby Brown Gel Liner - sepia is really popular

Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back