What do you have in your window?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
Hi again

Im just wondering if you get much noise coming through your window and if so what do you have to help stop it. Obviously will have some nice music playing in the back ground and its not on a really busy street but there is passing traffic. It is not double glazed and one of the front windows will be in the treatments room so will have some sort of blinds up. Are there any you would recommend to stop light and help with any traffic noise?

Fluffy things absorb sound, if you can try a few layers of voil and a blackout blind. Heavy thick lined curtains would be the best but they aren't cheap and wouldn't look good in many salons, you would need huge rooms to be able to pull them off aesthetically. Xoxo

Thank you for that. Im still in the deciding stage as when i went to see th place now i dont remember seeing any kind of radiators or any heating what so ever which is strange.

Thank you for that. Im still in the deciding stage as when i went to see th place now i dont remember seeing any kind of radiators or any heating what so ever which is strange.

Was there a boiler with air ducts to each room instead?
If you have choices I would try for radiators as a duct system has one heat control and you may heat rooms that don't need it or over heat a room while another is perfect temp. Xoxo

I have decidied against the shop even though its in a great location its too small and will be tied into a 3 year lease and i would be hoping that in three years time from now i will not be working alone. Theres no room to expand and get staff in. So thinking of the long term im not going to go for it as i would just be rushing into it. As much as i dont like the place i am now i can put up with it for the time being untill the perfect salon comes up.

Latest posts

Back