What do you prefer as a client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you prefer as a client?

• Mobile (come to your home)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Salon

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Home (you come to me)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a quick poll to get some feedback as to what to do with my business. Since moving home again (army) they have now told me I can't work from home due to security risks as I'm living on camp now.

I don't know whether to rent a room at the local Hive, find a salon to work in or go mobile.

So I ask you all, what would you prefer as a client?

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

Hi all

Just a quick poll to get some feedback as to what to do with my business. Since moving home again (army) they have now told me I can't work from home due to security risks as I'm living on camp now.

I don't know whether to rent a room at the local Hive, find a salon to work in or go mobile.

So I ask you all, what would you prefer as a client?

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

As a client i prefer to go to a salon. But i'm a mobile nailtech :o

I think you'd be ideal to go mobile. Why would you want to work in a salon for someone else when you've worked self employed?

I voted salon but then I am just as happy going to a nice home salon.

For you I would look at renting a room within a salon honey xxx

I think you'd be ideal to go mobile. Why would you want to work in a salon for someone else when you've worked self employed?

That's true LBR, after working at home for so long, and even a few months in a salon, I prefer 'cutting my own detail' as to what hours and days I work.

Just been terribly gutted that the army wouldn't let me work from home (even though we put down NOT camp due to my work, they never listened) as I have a 2 year old that now needs childcare. :sad:

This sucks a lot hun, we are army too, off camp now they don't make it easy to have a ''normal'' life eh?! I think using the hive sounds good for a day maybe, if not mobile would be good. I have 2 little ones and its not easy with no family nearby etc all costs money to earn money. Sorry I am not much help just wanted to offer a little understanding xx

My friend is also moving south but she's been lucky and is getting a room somewhere, I think it's on camp, so she can work her own hours around childcare. I assume that'll mean only army wives can come to her?

There are small rooms to rent in our garrison community centre and I know the three girls that have had rooms there have had a booming business! I think rent is cheap as chips too :). But I agree maybe do some mobile work too esp with the wives who's hubby's are away a lot? xx

I haven't answered your Poll as my choice has some different deciding factors than those you've mentioned... :)

I'm a larger lady so one factor is my choice would be whether your pictures showed a comfy looking chair. I cant perch on a little folding stool for an hour while I get a manicure done.

Another factor is things like access as I have limited mobility. Parking nice and close and not having to climb lots of steps is another important factor for me.

I obviously dont expect every Salon or Home Salon to be able to accommodate absolutely every client - but the more of these factors you can consider the more you'll appeal to the maximum number of potential Clients...

Hope that helps :)
Sunny

If I'm having a treatment I prefer to go to a salon. Seems more like a treat than staying at home. However I have clients who much prefer having treatments in their own home, especially if they have young children.

I like not having to leave the house esp for facials, waxing, spray tans... Facials n tans so I don't have to walk round with no make up on, and I hate walking round after an eyebrow wax all red!
Oh and massage too, so I can get in my pjs n relax! Xx

I love going to a salon as a treat but because I have small children its so much easier to have someone come to me, I also have a hairdresser that comes to my house too so that I don't have to find a babysitter.

Latest posts

Back