What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460750653.685606.jpg

This was hard work I'm not going to lie!!
There were times I wanted to give up but I didn't

What a transformation! I bet she was well chuffed. They definitely deserve a gold star :)

When I saw the nails. I think I was sat there for at least 15 mins just mouth open.. Kinda stare. Thinking what am I going to do. I had to be so careful not to do anything that would cause more damage

I am a disgrace.... [emoji85]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460753159.868718.jpg

Lovely!! what have you done here then?
Thank you hunny! Black Nubar Gelicure over natural nails (4 needed repairing argh!). Black holo from glitter express burnished, then stamped using stargazer silver chrome. The floral images are all from a yours cosmetics Sacha Gossen plate and the thorns and ankh images are a loja bff plate from nail artisan. And of course rhinestones! Hope they stay on!

That set you did looks awesome. What a transformation! I'd have been terrified to go near those! Great job Hun! Xx

I've got 4 people booked in as models over the next week or so. Just want to work on my techniques and timings a bit and get a lot more creative so clients can see you can have a variety of art no matter your nail length.

Here's today's. I took forever, but I've made notes on how I can improve and speed up. I found it hard to cap the free edge on these shorties and I'm still having a palava with top coat. I'm using Ink London Rock and even with cleaning off the stem and brush thoroughly and having almost no product on there, I'm still getting pooling issues. I even had to file a teeny bit afterwards on 1 or 2 nails :/ Just keep telling myself I WILL GET BETTER! No idea how to float the topcoat when I have to use next to nothing to prevent pooling.
View attachment 196142 View attachment 196143
I am really tempted to try out Ink London but have seen quite a few techs have pooling issues with the rock topcoat - I'm hoping they will be at Birmingham beauty show so I can ask if/when they'll be offering product training x

Loving foiling at the moment :)

Attachments

• 1460756054460.jpg
    1460756054460.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 151
Loving foiling at the moment :)
I love the effect of foils but I've only tried on myself and the foils came away after a week. That colour is gorgeous for summer coming x

Thank you hunny! Black Nubar Gelicure over natural nails (4 needed repairing argh!). Black holo from glitter express burnished, then stamped using stargazer silver chrome. The floral images are all from a yours cosmetics Sacha Gossen plate and the thorns and ankh images are a loja bff plate from nail artisan. And of course rhinestones! Hope they stay on!

That set you did looks awesome. What a transformation! I'd have been terrified to go near those! Great job Hun! Xx

How long did that set take you?
And thank u i think I've given myself carpel tunnel syndrome my left wrist is not right I can't explain the pain other than I've never had it before! It's really hurting [emoji17][emoji17]

I love the effect of foils but I've only tried on myself and the foils came away after a week. That colour is gorgeous for summer coming x
That's strange, was it with a curable top coat?

Shellac Tropix is one of my faves, classic!!

I am really tempted to try out Ink London but have seen quite a few techs have pooling issues with the rock topcoat - I'm hoping they will be at Birmingham beauty show so I can ask if/when they'll be offering product training x
They are def doing training soon. They're just sorting their educators out I believe. I've only been doing gel polish a short while and don't really wear it on myself, so I'm still pretty wet behind the ears so to speak. I got pooling issues with the Gelicure top coat too- so don't go by my experience! I did a client today in the salon and cured the thumbs separately, so the hand wouldn't be turned or bent at any point. Pretty much eliminated the pooling problem, but doing the thumbs separately for 2 minute cures under uv does waste a lot of time.

How long did that set take you?
And thank u i think I've given myself carpel tunnel syndrome my left wrist is not right I can't explain the pain other than I've never had it before! It's really hurting [emoji17][emoji17]
3 hours ish I think :/ including silk and builder gel repairs on 4 nails. I'm aware that's pretty shocking for gel polish. We chatted a lot though as it was a friend. She really appreciated the attention to detail (she's an artist) and wrote me a lovely review. I stopped even looking at the time after a while. I had a nightmare with the crystals lol, but by the second nail I think I'd fixed it. Managed to knock over my glue (I actually ended up gluing my gloves to the bottle lol) and also dashed my stamping polish across my carpet (got it out thankfully). So when I say 3 hours it is pretty give and take lol! I was using my beauty bed as a table, which worked a treat, but I must remember to not leave any opened bottles on it as its not a hard surface!

Oh no! Be careful!! My friend is off work atm due to RSI! She was advised complete rest. See a dr if it doesn't ease within a couple of days. I really hope it feels better tomorrow Hun! Xx

That's strange, was it with a curable top coat?

Shellac Tropix is one of my faves, classic!!
Yeah gelish top it off x

Thank u [emoji175] makes it all worth it doesn't it

Latest posts

Back