What the heck is going on ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well i am not very impressed. I have just rang the OSNS in Loughton, where i order all my creative products, and 90% of my items ordered wasnt in stock, and has to be put on a back order. I was also told that 2 of my favourite favourite files in the world are to be discontinued! :sad:
They are the Yankee board, and the Tuxedo board. What the hell is goin on? I hope someone can find out, and get back to me, as its really not on. I need all the items i ordered and cannot believe that so much stock was not available? GMG, or Samantha, do you know whats happening?

I had a problem too with orders from Leeds but I rang today and got most of what I was waiting for. Only things that seemed to be missing were the hazardous things.

I am surprised to hear the Tuxedo is being discontinued as this seems to be the favourite of many seasoned techs.

Be patient.

Im devastated that the yankee is being discontinued, as i love this fiel and so do my clients. The guy i spoke to also said he couldnt believe they were being discontinued, and that a lot of people were complaining. Why do that if they are so popular?

naturalnails said:
I had a problem too with orders from Leeds but I rang today and got most of what I was waiting for. Only things that seemed to be missing were the hazardous things.

I am surprised to hear the Tuxedo is being discontinued as this seems to be the favourite of many seasoned techs.

Be patient.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I love using the Tuxedo :cry:

I know!

R.I.P the tuxedo and the yankee. :sad:

NOOOOOO WAY!!

The yankee CANNOT be discontinued!! That's my life saving file!!

GrrRRrrr

Ive emailed designer nails to see if they can help, and if there is going to be other files to replace the discontinued ones, so i'll let you know when they reply.

Im having problems too. I have been waiting for a new pro styler for ages and also have been told that there is a problem getting tuxedos aswell. I collected most of my stuff today that they had, but paid for everything including tuxedos, so if they are being taken away from us i will be very mad. It is also my fave file. Why is this happening??

Oh no! Hope it's just the files that are being discontinued & nothing else. Maybe this means we are due for a new catalogue! Think the updates are out soon so hopefully we'll find out what's going on.

I went last week to the Loughton OSNS and was told the same things. When I posted on here about it it was kinda ignored so i thought I had got it wrong.

i did see in the shop there was a lack of files on offer and a few things I wanted werent in.

Be interesting to hear what the new files available are going to be and maybe a succinct list of all the files available new and old.

OMG I love the Tux, i do most of my work with it..!!

Geeg whats going on...!!!!!

Ahhhhh peeps, I don't use any of these but can understand where you are all coming from maybe Creative is bringing out something so much better, look on the bright side :)

xxxx

Didnt Mrs Geek say watch out for the files a little while ago, they obviously ahve something up their sleeves
lol
x

I wish i'd have known, i'd have stocked up! Im gonna have to look at other companies files now, and i didnt want to do that as i was VERY happy with what i was using.

Tuxedo... aaah, bless america... my understanding is techs had run into trouble with splinters?! you can get sued for that sort a thing over there...
so they had to discontinue them...?? - I could be wrong.. but that's what I heard... ;)

Well its a sad day if this is true...! I love that file :sad:

And i know Liza Smith will miss it too, she got me hocked on the tux

pinkshell_nails said:
I wish i'd have known, i'd have stocked up! Im gonna have to look at other companies files now, and i didnt want to do that as i was VERY happy with what i was using.
why not wait and see what the replacement files will be before deciding to jump ship...
it's hardly going to be something of a lesser quality.

I have a few yankee's left, I'm going to nurture them until not a scrap of grit is left lol.

Just had a look on creative usa site and there is no mention of the tuxedo or the yankee on their. I don't use either of these but was going to try the tuxedo when I placed my next order, but hey ho! sorry for you guys that do use them - hope they come up with a suitable replacement for you all

the Tuxedo is a CND file
the Yankee is a DN file

I personally find it a bit strange that they will be discontinuing these particular files, especially as they're both very popular...

Me too, even the guy who i spoke to seemed baffled as to why they are going to be discontinued.

Latest posts

Back