Whats best, education??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiseways

Reaction score
Hi

I am new tonight to this site and I'm finding all the information so useful.

My main problem is that I need some help deciding on the best nail course to embark on to get the best education I can. I am not so concerned about money I just want to get the best education I can.

After weeks of looking on the internet and researching Essential Nails I decided to purchase one of their courses. I haven't received it yet and if I find out its not the best way to go I will cancel my order. Has anyone out there done an Essential Nails course? what did you think of it? I find them quite expensive for one type of extension. Are there any courses out there that cover gel, acrylic, foils and nail art? As im new I dont understand all the terminology yet!!

Obviously I am kind of getting the gist that everyone recommends Creative Nails but do you have to spend a lot of money to get to a good level?

Are the essential nails courses highly recommended? they seem good for me as I work 7.30 - 6 mon to fri and i need something to fit in around me.

Im so confused. Can any one offer any advice?

Thanks

You get what you pay for! Quality doesn't come cheap and all that! Personally you need to to find a company whose ethos you agree with and instills passion in you!!! EZ Flow for me provide me with excellent products, thorough training, artistic flair and encouragement. There are many companies to chose from - why not try going to a trade show (in the new year - more info on this site) and meet the people behind the brand - I am sure you will soon find the right company for you!!!

Hi, Also look up Creative(designer nails) i'm going through to my grand masters with them and they are fab with quality trainers and products..P.S the Scratch magazine is a great mag full of info & products..plus this site is brill.. you have landed in the right place for info..good luck
jenny

go with creative nail design, it costs but it is the best i have never looked back, good luck xx

Essential Nails has a good reputuation for being a great introduction into the world of nails. Since it is home based, I think it is limited as to what you can achieve as nothing can really match class-based teaching where you have the sole attention of your educator.

Get prospectuses from all the main educators and do your research. Do a search on both Essential Nails and Education and you will be well occupied for ages reading all the threads already on here. Good luck!

Welcome to the site, but I must speak my mind as you would expect and have asked for in your post.

First you say you want the best education you can get and then ... you think this comes cheap???

You want the best and it will cost you a reasonable amount, and you will have to make sacrifices as the Creative class will not come to you in a box with a video and generic products or necessarily fit around your life or pattern of work.

Thing is, if you want it bad enough, you will make the necessary effort to get it. If not, then the box will have to do for now and you will end up paying again later when you do a 'live' class, for which there is simply no substitute.

i have trained with a few nail systems - but then i decided to go the creative way - and boy im glad i did - they are not at the cheapest end of the market, but you get what you pay for - and creative training is the BEST way to go (in my opinion) as i have converted to them and gained sooooo much education you wouldnt believe - you will not find a more passionate company to train with, they give you full support if you having probs, the back up is second to none, - dont waste your money on other companies pet - go with creative

I think if it was me I would be going to Creative or EzFlow for my training. Start at the top and learn from the best and then you have given yourself the very best you can. Otherwise if you train at a lesser school you will only have to re educate yourself on all that you miss out on. A lot of people like myself have left schools not confident in refills and so on. Thats MPO anyway
xxxx:suprised:

i agree, i trained with Creative and i've heard EzFlow are good too. i've seen a lot of stuff from people who have trained with other companies and then went and switched to Creative anyway! you may as well start as you mean to go on and go with the best reputation.

Hi

Thank you for all your great advise, I think I will go creative, It seems to be the only way Im going to give myself the best start into the Nail Tech industry. I will update when I am on my way.

Thanks again.

An excellent choice. As a company, we make long term plans with suppliers etc and Designer Nails not only have the best product but have the superior back up and education.

Cathy

ginger said:
go with creative nail design, it costs but it is the best i have never looked back, good luck xx
Rai, a wonderful nail tech from Canada told me to go with Creative, she had been doing nails for nine years, and did a conversion course with them so that she could buy their products and did not expect to learn anything new but she learned loads and told me to go with the best, their foundation course is the most intensive out there, you can do an evening class and they are always at the end of the phone when you need them. Start with the best hun, it gives you the yard stick to measure your own progress by. best of luck.

im with creative and i love it

You will also be surprised at how many clients will only choose you if you are Creative trained. When the majority of new clients contact me the first question tends to be 'do you use Creative'. Def the way to go IMO.

There are some wonderful responses on here... let's us know we are still doing something right as we continue to believe that Education is key to the technicians success life long and long term. Thank you all for such positive replies! :hug:

Hiya x

Gotta just say...with all this talk of how much training costs...and about Creative being expensive but worth it...i actually didn't find it that expensive at all....when i rang about different companies i found that the price difference wasn't that much really but the products and training difference was massive...not to mention the difference in customer service.

NailStyle said:
Hi ya x

Gotta just say...with all this talk of how much training costs...and about Creative being expensive but worth it...i actually didn't find it that expensive at all....when i rang about different companies i found that the price difference wasn't that much really but the products and training difference was massive...not to mention the difference in customer service.

Thanks for this comment Angie because there is so much wrong perception of not only how expensive Creative Education is but how expensive Creative products are and how you can only buy from Creative if you have done Creative classes etc.

Yes Creative products and education are at the highest end ... the top available ... but their prices are not, in fact they are quite competitive and no hidden extras. Not for education, and not for products. And speaking of products, any technician using any line of products and who holds a valid certificate of education can buy 99% of the Creative line of products and never take a Creative class. It is only if a technician wants to use any of the Creative liquid & powders or Brisa gels that they are asked to complete a conversion class so that they learn to use the products correctly. You only have to read the posts from technicians on this site who buy products without education and then struggle with the products and problems to know that Creative's policy is a good one and one that helps the technician do well and make money.

hi chick id do a creative course best thing i ever did and havnt looked back .if anything want to do more .x:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back