What's going on with employment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie liz thanks for the cv tips you v good at this I think you will get a job in no time if you write your cv like that. Good luck

Aww thanks, I'm having more trouble actually finding openings at the moment. Nobody seems to be taking on near me.

I've given up looking!! I've spent a fortune on advertising for a beautician, I understand that working for yourself is going to eventually earn you more money, however there are a lot of benefits with working for someone else - payed holiday, no paperwork, a lot less stress, support, free training.

I was willing to give anyone who had enthusiasm, personality and passion a go, if they proved they were confident in their ability it didn't matter about their experience, my daughters never done a nail course in her life, yet she's better at Painting and shaping nails than a lot of my previous colleagues and she's a dab hand at the old spray tan - not that I could let her lose on a paying client as she's not qualified or insured! So it just goes to show some people can pick things up and with little effort be brilliant, I would never not give someone new a chance as they could be a gem!

Saying that, I'm not willing to pay huge amounts of money in their probationary period, I will however commit to a bonus and wage rise when they've built up a loyal client base, after all if they're good, I want to make it difficult for them to jump ship as with me they've got a good thing going ;)

I recently closed my shop in July as we couldnt find staff it was impossible. All the people coming either wanted cash in hand or were rubbish. But Im glad I closed and will reopen in the future once i have a family but the only worry i have is staff when the time comes

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've given up looking!! I've spent a fortune on advertising for a beautician, I understand that working for yourself is going to eventually earn you more money, however there are a lot of benefits with working for someone else - payed holiday, no paperwork, a lot less stress, support, free training.

I was willing to give anyone who had enthusiasm, personality and passion a go, if they proved they were confident in their ability it didn't matter about their experience, my daughters never done a nail course in her life, yet she's better at Painting and shaping nails than a lot of my previous colleagues and she's a dab hand at the old spray tan - not that I could let her lose on a paying client as she's not qualified or insured! So it just goes to show some people can pick things up and with little effort be brilliant, I would never not give someone new a chance as they could be a gem!

Saying that, I'm not willing to pay huge amounts of money in their probationary period, I will however commit to a bonus and wage rise when they've built up a loyal client base, after all if they're good, I want to make it difficult for them to jump ship as with me they've got a good thing going ;)

If you was based near my way I'd jump your offer.
I tenderly qualified and no salon near me will give me a chance cos I'm new to it all. They want experience there and then. I can't drive at the moment so I need salon based and so many my way already do mobile work

Latest posts

Back