Whats On Your Nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bio gel for me too ... black aubergine with rainbow sparkle over the top ... always do my own.

at the moment i have clear brisa gel with some tips some sculpts and some o/lays. now and again, and when i have time, i do have brisa white french or coloured gels or paint them and have the most blinging nail art, and i love long talons, the longer the better for me and im often ask ''how do you manage with your nails being so long''. i cant cope with out them, when ever i break one, i feel like ive lost a limb!!!
i do my own nails as im very fussy and have been told its because im such a perfectionist. i have no trouble doing my right hand with my left, its been that long, you get used to it.
for years and years i wore L&P, now i wouldn't go back, love my gels, i just think its a better finish.

I have on Brisa gels overlay no tips i usually use tips but damaged my nails doing my masters so they are very thin now and the gels feel lighter on.

Tricia

I always do my own.
I like to try new things, glitter, Clear tips, natural, with Gel.
Using NSI at the moment but will change to Creative as soon as I finish my training and get my products. So I haven't got anything on right now cos I have training VERY soon and need clean nails.
Sherry

I've often wondered what you all have too.

I do my own nails and have worn acrylic nails for 2 years now.

I'm currently wearing natural tips with a rather pretty glitter french using Nail Graphix 'Diamonds in the Rough' and clear overlay. Did them last week and I have had loads of comments and a few bookings from my regulars for the same. Need to get some more colours now but spoilt for choice with all the gorgeous glitter colours on Fiona's site.

thanks for that everyone - i find it fascinating - I`ve had a quick read tonight - but I have a headach - so off to bed - but I`ll come back on again tomorrow and have a really good read!!

anyone else want to let me know what they have - please feel free I`d love to hear/read about it.

Cheers me Dears, x x

At the moment I have forever french tips on. In the past I have marbled natural tips and applied them as french, I have had glitter french, shellart french as seen in the NSI updates I get from my supplier, natural tip with overlay.

Over the past 18 months of being a nail tech I have had that many sets on I have lost count. I normally change my nails every two weeks.

Nerida
NSI Nail Tech.

my favourite way to wear my nails is clear tips with nsi pink shellart mixed into clear acrylic for french with ibd translucent pink over zone 2,3 and gel topcoat- they really sparkle.right now to be honest mine are bitten and in need of a good manicure!
icon_redface.gif

I've got tip and overlay, l&p. I've had nothing on my nails since earls court and I finally did a set on myself yesterday.

They are almond (sposed to be anyway haha), white french with the top of the tips clear glitter, the pink is custom blended a tad. The ring fingers are clear glitter french with a marbled blend of glitter white, glitter pink an glitter purple on zones 2&3.

I've attached a pic! :D Sorry it's a lil fuzzy, it's webcam taken lol.

xxx

Attachments

• funkynails.jpg
    funkynails.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 63
I have my nails ready for halloween.. I know its a bit early but I never get a chance to do them a few days before too busy doing clients halloween nails..and its great advertising as well got 2 new clients in sainsbury`s yesterday..
they`re black glitter tips with a clear/silver glitter gel overlay and some nailtopia witch and pumpkin stickers on the ring finger..

I do my own nails. Used to do them with silk but now find it easier to do it with gel. I am permanently messing with them. Usually french with nail art on as well. Always have to have my toe nails matching my fingernails and I always get cramp when doing my own nails though, think its from bending my hands around in a weird way!!

I have natural tips on at moment, but normally have french, just fancied a change. ( They r in desperate need of some nail art!!)

I do my own because I found if people comment on your nails its nice to be able to say u do them yourself, rather than passing a new client
opportunity
on to someone else x x

I always do my own nails - at the moment I'm wishing someone would do them for me, but than I think about it & I'm not sure I'd trust many people anywhere near them!!!

Anyway, at the moment I've got p&w l+p on with some Halloween stickers from Nailtopia. I change mine every 2/3 weeks, and it's become a bit of a standing joke with my clients - every appt they say 'what have you got on today then??!!'. Makes a talking point!

I do like to be able to say 'yes' to the 'do you do your own' question.....

i do my own nails... and ive actually got some comp pink sculpts on with Orly polish called Naughty on them with a wee 3d flower on mt ring finger... if i can get a piccy i will attach it.... ive also got soem finish it on top of my polish to protect it when im working... altho saying that ive totally scratched my nails up...lol
i havent worn just plain nails with polish for a v long time.... i tend to have fades or different glitter stuff on them (when ive bothered to make time to do my own nails... half the time they are just my own...lol) ....but ive a few fab polished to sell and i thought if i wear some polish then i'll sell some and... it has worked cause i have sold some already ;)

Jess
xox

LayStar said:
I've got tip and overlay, l&p. I've had nothing on my nails since earls court and I finally did a set on myself yesterday.

They are almond (sposed to be anyway haha), white french with the top of the tips clear glitter, the pink is custom blended a tad. The ring fingers are clear glitter french with a marbled blend of glitter white, glitter pink an glitter purple on zones 2&3.

I've attached a pic! :D Sorry it's a lil fuzzy, it's webcam taken lol.

xxx

Just had to say, they look lovely! x

I wear Creative L&P and do them myself. Couldn't be without them now. I have quite long nail beds and my natural nails used to be quite nice, but once I started doing nails that was it I became addicted lol.

If you don't wear enhancements do you find your client's ask why? and if so, What are your replies.

x

I always do my own nails and I too like the feeling when you say yes I do them myself!
I am currently wearing clear tips with pink zone 2&3 and glitter on zone 1. I then have 3D daisies along my smile lines.

Attachments

• glass tips.jpg
    glass tips.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 40
Mine are French tip and Overlay. Ring finger on right hand has a Watermelon and Gold glitter tip with 3d daisies with Gold diamantie centres. ring finger on my left hand is painted white edged in red on both sides and free edge has black Chinese writing down middle and has final coat of gold glitter over the top. as you can see I got bored yesterday. so played around with my own. Always have enhancments on and always have nail art.

hello!!

i have nice natural nails but i do all beauty treatments (as well as nails), i'm a lifeguard and i'm a receptionist so my nails take a kicking!!! plus i use my nails as tools!!! ... i know naughty me!! and if you catch someone with natural nails when doing a facial or a massage they're really sharp but if you catch someone with falsies they don't even notice cos they're much blunter!... not that i go out deliberatley scratching people cos i'm actually quite careful about that..:o

i have natural tips with clear gel overlays with glitter gel on the tips and at the moment i've sculpted a l&p blue and purple flower on the ring finger on my left hand :D

:lick: that smiley is rude!!!! he he he!!!

My nails are water-marbled right now!
By the end of the week I plan to have halloween nails... I also have a client booked who wants 'mummy nails' for a party ....bandage type nail art with googly eyes.....Noooooo!!!!!
Yes really! :eek:

Latest posts

Back