What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you during a treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg Kirste I would have probably just cried! Lol I'm quite lucky I haven't had any really bad things since leaving college. The only thing I can think of as when training in waxing in first year of college I had a client in college with like really really toned arms so her underarms were like really dipped in if that makes sense ? And I just couldn't get the technique right and she wrote on the consultation sheet that it was the sorest wax ever and i cried to my lovely tutor. She made me wax underarms every time I had that class after that and now I'm an underarm expert. That was with strip wax an now I use hot xxxx

Oh so many where to start.....when starting out I once dropped hot wax in someone's hair while doing their eyebrows and it was such a big bit and not having any experience on this happening before I didn't know what to do so with her eyes closed I cut it out, I'm pretty sure she knew I was doing it even though she didn't move and she never came back, surprise surprise lol
Lmaooo i shouldnt laugh at this lol i just imagined you stood over frantically hacking at her hair

I had a lady who told me noone ever gets het hair right, halfway through her haircut she starts acting weird... i ask her if shes ok... she starts going crazy saying ive cut it to short. I hardly cut anything off haha... i cried pretty much all day after that

Hahahaha that reminded me of a friend who was doing a facial and was super hung over and tired she actually head butted the client BUT (and this is the best bit) she didn't want to seems like it was because she fell asleep so she kept doing it like 5 times like it was part of the massage Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

I had a lady who told me noone ever gets het hair right, halfway through her haircut she starts acting weird... i ask her if shes ok... she starts going crazy saying ive cut it to short. I hardly cut anything off haha... i cried pretty much all day after that
Shouldve told her youve saved her time and money cos now she can longer between her next cut

Shouldve told her youve saved her time and money cos now she can longer between her next cut
Lol i was really stressed i hadnt been at this job long and i didnt fit in well at all... and the salon itself was just really stressful. I ended up having hallucinations of spiders on my walls lol (sounds pathetic lol but everyday I was sure i was getting sacked or slagged off)

Lol i was really stressed i hadnt been at this job long and i didnt fit in well at all... and the salon itself was just really stressful. I ended up having hallucinations of spiders on my walls lol (sounds pathetic lol but everyday I was sure i was getting sacked or slagged off)
Ohh thats terrible, glad you got out of there!!!

I had a client want a bowl/graduation thing.
Basically tight around the ears and nape. Heavy every where else.

She had LOADS of hair.

After an hour or two of her commenting on this bit and that bit she finally said it's too thick. At the root. I told her that's just how her hair is. And I can't take weight there else she'll just have tufts.

I was alone in the salon so no one could help or assist me.

It was an okay cut. But not what she wanted.

She whinged it was uneven picking up a piece I had point cut saying 'see.'

In the end she said that fine and I didn't charge her.

Did I mention this was all on my 21st birthday. Happy birthday to me!!

I had a client want a bowl/graduation thing.
Basically tight around the ears and nape. Heavy every where else.

She had LOADS of hair.

After an hour or two of her commenting on this bit and that bit she finally said it's too thick. At the root. I told her that's just how her hair is. And I can't take weight there else she'll just have tufts.

I was alone in the salon so no one could help or assist me.

It was an okay cut. But not what she wanted.

She whinged it was uneven picking up a piece I had point cut saying 'see.'

In the end she said that fine and I didn't charge her.

Did I mention this was all on my 21st birthday. Happy birthday to me!!
Oh bless you! Clients can make you feel so crappy sometimes.... but other times they make you feel so good lol x

worst experience was during sugaring, (I hate sugaring im so bad at it and i dont enjoy the technique where you dont use spatulas and have to use your hands) my hands were so hot and I couldnt remove it off her lip, i got some warm water cleaned it off and then realised that she was having an allergic reaction to it (the heat from her face is partly why i couldnt remove it, she hopped of the couch and said 'dont worry i get it every time I would rather have a rash than a tash' I wanted to die. I have NEVER done sugaring since!! Not even legs which was the only part of the body I was any good at!!

these made me lols... when I look back same as you girls over the years made cringeworthy mistakes..

I was cutting this lady's big toenail with clippers and forgot to put my hand behind it to catch the nail. When I clipped the nail snapped off into the air and hit me in the eye :/

So after reading the thread on embarrassing experiences and having a huge laugh, it made me think about bad experiences. My worst experience as a therapist is-
When i was a student, the principal of the academy also had a salon which she offered me a job at. I just did basic treatments.

One day a client was booked in for me for a Brazilian wax. I hadnt been trained in intimate waxing nor had i ever done one or received one so clearly i had no idea what i was doing. The other therapists were booked with clients doing treatments i wasnt trained in so i couldnt even swap treatments around. I suggested ringing the client and canceling the treatment but was told firmly NO. So the client came in and had long thick hair so i put the wax on and it was a very hot day and the wax took ages to set so i just applied wax in numerous areas thinking once i had done done that, itd be ready to start removing. WRONG! It was too hard around the edges and not set in the centre so strings of hot wax was going everywhere. The place had no air conditioning, i couldnt open the door obviously and i was shaking with nerves. After finally getting most of the wax off she tells me to just use strip wax. I thought perfect cos i was pretty good using strip compared to hot wax. WORST IDEA EVER!

As it was a hot day the client was sweating and at that stage didnt know to apply talc to dry up the sweat so i apply the strip wax and it wouldn't go on properly. So i add more wax to the area and then more and then some more again. Put the strip on and go to rip it off. It was stuck! Try again. Nothing. She was clearly in pain and asked me to try another area to let that settle a bit so i go around to the other side and do the same. Same result! I had no idea how i was gonna get these strips off. I ended up getting the strips off but the hair was still there, mixed with strip wax. DISASTER! I blamed the temperature of the day and asked her if she would be willing to come back on another not so hot day. She agreed. Not knowing how to get the wax off, i tried after wax lotion. Didnt work. I ended up using the citrus oil that we use to clean up wax from the floor etc to get it off her poor vagina. Well she starts screaming in agony. She ended up going home with torn skin that i irritated even more by applying citrus oil on, dried up hot wax in her hair that i couldnt get out and a patchy hairy looking vagina. Naturally she never bothered coming back to get it done again. WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. Whats yours?

Hahah oh this so reminds me of my first ever Brazilian treatment on a client. The same thing happened to me, I had only just been trained but I still wasn't confident enough but had to do it as the other workers had clients and couldn't switch. Well I can definitely say that after this experience I find doing other brazilians easy because this was an eye opener. This client had left it for 6months as she was traveling, she was quite a big girl, very thick hair and had her bikini line gone from up to her thighs. It was the hardest thing I have done, took me almost an hour & a half, I was sweating, she was sweating and the wax was not coming off properly. After waxing hot wax & strip wax, trimming hair and plucking the front was finally done. At this point I was really hoping she wouldn't want her bum done but I stil had to asked and she responded with "yes" I was gutted but thought fine why quit when we are already ahead. BIGGEST REGRET! She turned over on her stomach and I asked for her to hold her cheeks so I can get everything, the smell was overbearing as I got the biggest surprise of my life - she had obviously taken a number 2 before her appointment and had not cleaned herself properly. My nose hairs were stinging and I remember thinking "what have I gotten myself into" I felt so sorry for the girl as I knew she must of known because we both could smell her s**t, I kindly still went on and finished the job. In the end she was really happy but I guess we both were quite pleased it was all over.

Ahhhhhh I love this thread

Something that still makes me cringe now, I had a lady in for a facial and it was going great, yknow when you're really in the zone thinking 'this is the best facial I've ever done' well …just before the mask, the music packed in (which was in reception) so I thought oh perfect timing I'll go sort it, so with the lights totally out, in silence and complete darkness I slowly backed out of the room (meaning to tell her I'll let her have a rest) I instead whispered "I'll leave you to REST IN PEACE" and then couldn't go back in to fix it as that would've made it even weirder so I just had to hope she hadn't heard [emoji85]

Once I answered the phone and had a coughing fit. At least the client was nice about it.

So after reading the thread on embarrassing experiences and having a huge laugh, it made me think about bad experiences. My worst experience as a therapist is-
When i was a student, the principal of the academy also had a salon which she offered me a job at. I just did basic treatments.

One day a client was booked in for me for a Brazilian wax. I hadnt been trained in intimate waxing nor had i ever done one or received one so clearly i had no idea what i was doing. The other therapists were booked with clients doing treatments i wasnt trained in so i couldnt even swap treatments around. I suggested ringing the client and canceling the treatment but was told firmly NO. So the client came in and had long thick hair so i put the wax on and it was a very hot day and the wax took ages to set so i just applied wax in numerous areas thinking once i had done done that, itd be ready to start removing. WRONG! It was too hard around the edges and not set in the centre so strings of hot wax was going everywhere. The place had no air conditioning, i couldnt open the door obviously and i was shaking with nerves. After finally getting most of the wax off she tells me to just use strip wax. I thought perfect cos i was pretty good using strip compared to hot wax. WORST IDEA EVER!

As it was a hot day the client was sweating and at that stage didnt know to apply talc to dry up the sweat so i apply the strip wax and it wouldn't go on properly. So i add more wax to the area and then more and then some more again. Put the strip on and go to rip it off. It was stuck! Try again. Nothing. She was clearly in pain and asked me to try another area to let that settle a bit so i go around to the other side and do the same. Same result! I had no idea how i was gonna get these strips off. I ended up getting the strips off but the hair was still there, mixed with strip wax. DISASTER! I blamed the temperature of the day and asked her if she would be willing to come back on another not so hot day. She agreed. Not knowing how to get the wax off, i tried after wax lotion. Didnt work. I ended up using the citrus oil that we use to clean up wax from the floor etc to get it off her poor vagina. Well she starts screaming in agony. She ended up going home with torn skin that i irritated even more by applying citrus oil on, dried up hot wax in her hair that i couldnt get out and a patchy hairy looking vagina. Naturally she never bothered coming back to get it done again. WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. Whats yours?

I have a similar story. It was literally the hottest day in London and i had been back and forth visiting clients all day. (i'm mobile) my last lady was a new client who booked in for a hollywood wax. It was absolutely boiling in her room, I was sweating profusely! Beads of sweat kept forming on my forehead and starting dripping down my face and onto her nether regions! I was mortified. I kept apologising which just made it worse in my head lol. I pride myself in being a fast waxer and i was with her for 40 mins, I'm normally done in under 20 mins. Needless to say she hasn't booked back in! :(

God! Have we got to stick to 2? I've got zillions!!!!

I often fart when I'm doing no-hands massage techniques, its when I squat slightly, I just can't help it!!!! :eek:

another one was after doing a consultation to a very nervous lesbian who had come to have a treatment with her partner, I got her on the couch and went to adjust the towel and exposed her non-nippled breasts, we both just stared at them and then I quickly covered her up and carried on as if nothing had happened. :eek:

My nose has dripped and I've had to lick it to stop it falling on a client! Yuck! :eek:

I had a rather well endowed male client once, who forgot his undies and in spite of the towel, his 'ahem' was very much in view as he lay face down for his leg massage. I just kept my eyes to the ceiling with the odd glance...well, I'm only human!

To make things worse, somehow, the conversation got onto sausages!

Latest posts

Back