When clients call products/treatments a wrong name does it annoy you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolahayley

Reaction score
I have a client who messages me every couple of weeks and she says 'hi can you get me fitted in for shelliac nails please' each time she's in she will say 'shelliac nails' and each time I say.. It's shellac. But she still calls it shelliac! It annoys me!!

Then a client messaged yesterday saying 'hi can I get in for Skylax nails' I was like what nails?? Do u mean shellac and she said yeah I couldn't remember the name 😂

Some clients really are very uneducated!!!
What annoys you or makes you laugh when a client calls your products/treatments by the total wrong name??

i have a client that regularly books for a microdermawhatsit!! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had a client book in for semi perm lashes, " you know the ones that last all weekend , the single ones on a bulb thing ". They do make me smile.

To be honest this sounds like something my mum would do ha. She mis pronounces stuff probably 10 times a day but we just laugh at her lol. Bless her.... so ditzy... I'm still convinced I could make a fortune doing a reality show of my family.

I went to a nail tech asking for Brisa Lite smoothing gel to be applied to my mams nails. The nail tech said why do you want brista soothing gel? I kept saying it correctly and she kept correcting me to Brista Soothing! :D

Probably not as annoying as hairdressers who seem to think bleach is spelt bleech!! I mean COME ON!!!

I have a lovely lady who will tell anyone who will listen about the wonderful 'hot coal massage' that I do. How ever often I say it's hot stone she calls it coal. I have visions of people thinking I stoke up the coals and cover people in black soot!

Texts asking for arcrylic nails, shallac and minks.

lol

No I don't correct them but it makes me smile. If its a text, of course I text it back correctly but it makes no odds lol

It's just like reading this forum sometimes. :lol:

Attachments

• good moaning.jpg
    good moaning.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 466
Clients asking for 'Opey' instead of O.P.I.

Reminds me of an ex boyfriends Mum who walked into Curry's and asked for a V D player :)

Dermatalogica is one I hear frequently.

Doesn't bother me at all, I'm the professional not the client. As long as I understand what she wants there isn't a problem.

I'm starting to wonder reading a lot of threads on here these days if some Geeks aren't in the wrong Industry.

We work with the public, they pay us, therefore it does help to be easy going, nice and a people person.

I'm quite scared :Scared: of a lot of you especially after reading the rant thread!

Kerastase is one i hear all the time and tigi lol x

Doesn't bother me at all, I'm the professional not the client. As long as I understand what she wants there isn't a problem.

I'm starting to wonder reading a lot of threads on here these days if some Geeks aren't in the wrong Industry.

We work with the public, they pay us, therefore it does help to be easy going, nice and a people person.

I'm quite scared :Scared: of a lot of you especially after reading the rant thread!

Ha ha ha ha.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's the clients reaction to getting called the wrong name that I think 'Oopssss' if I could only get their eyebrows to lift as high as they raise them, I'd be known world wide for all the right reasons.

Wonder why people always say hairdressers or beauticians are bitchy lol iv done many different jobs and hairdressing was the only one I was bullied in and made to feel like crap :( not nice because I love hair/beauty but oh well mobile its gunna be for me lol

Some clients really are very uneducated!!!

Considering it's your job to educate them this comment kinda reflects badly on you.

My client are educated on how regularly to come for appointment, what service they are having, what aftercare they use.

I don't give a toss if they mispronounce a 'brand' name.

Also I dont think clients need to know that stuff I go to the dentist but I dont have a clue what all the stuff they put on my teeth is called or the ins n outs of their machines ect

Haha I am definitely in the wrong job. I'm waiting until I win the lottery so I can open a zoo. No humans aloud!

I read that in the Apple store, if a client mispronounces a name, the assistant will use the same so as not to embarrass the client.
I'm fairly shocked at this thread to be honest. Humiliating clients because they don't live and breathe nails is pretty sad. These people pay your wages, so if they wanna call it shilliac, who cares? As long as they keep coming back, then it doesn't matter.
A mark of a great host is to make sure their guests are happy and comfortable at all times. Pointing out their mistakes might make you feel superior momentarily, but it's really not good manners.

Latest posts

Back