When clients call products/treatments a wrong name does it annoy you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For clients it doesn't matter if they don't know what a particular product is called or what it does in detail. The professional is there to inform and advise, however as with my previous comment I think it is shocking that there are professionals out there that can't name their own products.

Sometimes it's not the professionals fault. We have so many stylists say things like ' I trained with koleston colour' they don't know what wella is, colour touch etc. I don't think badly of them it's just how they were trained.

Relax it's just a light hearted thread! It's a professional forum & there's plenty of threads about random client requests or horrible customers. I pronounced Kerastase how it's spelled instead of Kerastahze - I heard it on an advert & was shocked haha

Maybe I'm missing the point here... I don't take these threads seriously. . Isn't it just a bit of fun! ? something to waste time over?

Maybe I'm on my own here. Doh.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe I'm missing the point here... I don't take these threads seriously. . Isn't it just a bit of fun! ? something to waste time over?

Maybe I'm on my own here. Doh.

Hear ya!

Apart from this site is viewable by the general public.

Come on geeky peeps, lighten up!! It's not about making out or thinking clients are stupid! This thread is how clients might mispronounce treatments in a funny way, not in a derogatory one! So back to it!!...... I had a client who always called liquid & powder "porcelain nails!" Where do they get it!? It makes me chuckle!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, true colourgirly... I'm sure all your clients know exactly who you are by your membership name!

I know full well most 'clients' wouldn't be in here reading all these pointless threads and working out where everyone of us works or what businesses we all have. I do hope some of them read the intimate waxing horror story threads to help those that have to suffer the stench.

Last edited:
Oh for goodness sakes! I wasn't saying it to be rude and nasty at all so get off your high bloody horses some of you!!!!!
It was just meant to be a bit of banter to see what your clients in your area call certain treatments and products!!! I do educate my clients thanks.... I did say that in my post? Most of you misread that bit!! Obviously!

I don't know what goes on here but I've read some of the other threads on here regarding clients and I've seen shreds ripped off some 'clients' so this isn't the first post about clients!!

Every single time I post anything it gets taken the wrong way!! It's like being back at school. I'm clearly not the 'popular' one again. Cos if one of the more well known geeks had written this post it would be getting laughed at and made into a bit of fun... Because it's me I'm the worst person ever for slagging off the people who pay my bills!!! When it was never ever intended to be that way!! Sorry to anyone I've offended. But Cheers everyone. You kno how to make me feel good.... Again!!!

It was a bit of a joke. Banter. Mods just delete this. I've said the wrong thing... Again!! I'll just hide on the corner.

Nic x

Dermatalogica, Opeee ( OPI )
Lol!

Oh for goodness sakes! I wasn't saying it to be rude and nasty at all so get off your high bloody horses some of you!!!!!
It was just meant to be a bit of banter to see what your clients in your area call certain treatments and products!!! I do educate my clients thanks.... I did say that in my post? Most of you misread that bit!! Obviously!

I don't know what goes on here but I've read some of the other threads on here regarding clients and I've seen shreds ripped off some 'clients' so this isn't the first post about clients!!

Every single time I post anything it gets taken the wrong way!! It's like being back at school. I'm clearly not the 'popular' one again. Cos if one of the more well known geeks had written this post it would be getting laughed at and made into a bit of fun... Because it's me I'm the worst person ever for slagging off the people who pay my bills!!! When it was never ever intended to be that way!! Sorry to anyone I've offended. But Cheers everyone. You kno how to make me feel good.... Again!!!

It was a bit of a joke. Banter. Mods just delete this. I've said the wrong thing... Again!! I'll just hide on the corner.

Nic x

Don't take it personally. People have opinions regardless of how you wrote it - in a lighthearted way, which is how the majority of us have taken it. x

Don't take it personally. People have opinions regardless of how you wrote it - in a lighthearted way, which is how the majority of us have taken it. x

Yes some have taken it the way intended but a lot really havnt. I just wanted to make a bit of a post where we could share experiences. But again it just gets taken the wrong way.. I'm not sure if it's the way I write things. It's quite hard not to take some things personally sometimes.

Glad you understood that I wasn't being maliciously nasty x

First time I've seen you put a kiss virtchie.

Yes some have taken it the way intended but a lot really havnt. I just wanted to make a bit of a post where we could share experiences. But again it just gets taken the wrong way.. I'm not sure if it's the way I write things. It's quite hard not to take some things personally sometimes.

Glad you understood that I wasn't being maliciously nasty x

Of course you weren't being malicious. Please don't be oversensitive, lots of us have replied to your thread. I for one find it entertaining. I would prefer to read this thread than the endless ones of illness and children....Don't give up, you're better than that. :hug:

You post on a public forum you need to accept different views.

Did you expect to get a million posts that just agreed with you?

Of course you weren't being malicious. Please don't be oversensitive, lots of us have replied to your thread. I for one find it entertaining. I would prefer to read this thread than the endless ones of illness and children....Don't give up, you're better than that. :hug:

Thank you virtues. Much appreciated x

From the ones that preach " If you don't like a thread pass it by" for some reason they don't take their own advice!

Sadly.

Latest posts

Back