Which retail products shall I use for spray tanning mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
I currently use Nouvatan for my spray tanning but they dont do retail products like other brands do.

A few clients have asked if I stock things and I dont know whether to get things in from another brand but I didnt know if that looks un professional using different brands.

Any advice as what to do?

i'd personally stick with one brand, if you use one brand for spraying and one brand for selling it kind of looks like the brand you're selling isn't good enough to use as a professional product but you'll sell it to your clients anyway? that was a really rubbish way of explaining but my heads like mush today! i use sienna x, its an amazin tan n i've never had any problems with it, clients love it and they do loads of retail products too :)

i don't think so, i don't think it's wrong to say to a client something along the lines of i chose this tanning brand because it was the best in terms of colour and fade off, as you know it's an absolutely fabulous colour, but they don't offer their own brand of whater products it is the client wants, but what i have done just for you as you're such a valued client is tried out all the professional whatever product client wants available and this is the best available in my professional/expert oppinion.

i think clients will appreciate that you want to give them the best tan possible, but have also took onboard what they were saying about wanting other products. it shows you listen to them and actually do want to give them what they want.

if your brand doesn't offer retail products why not send them an email asking if they will in the future? brands/companies don't know what you want if they don't receive any feedback.

edited to add: i too am with sienna and all their retail products come in sachet sizes aswell as full bottle sizes in hot pink or bronze coloured packaging. the retail products are nice and smell lovely! x

Hi!
Nouvatan do retail products, a mousse and tan in a can for home use. You can get them on their website x

I currently use Nouvatan for my spray tanning but they dont do retail products like other brands do.

A few clients have asked if I stock things and I dont know whether to get things in from another brand but I didnt know if that looks un professional using different brands.

Any advice as what to do?

Glad you asked this as I was wondering about this question too. I wanted to do some retail, with things like the tanning moisturiser to help prolong clients tans. In fact only last night I could of sold some, but as I dont have any, as my tanning provider doesn't provide this, so the client will probably end up going to boots or somewhere to buy from there. I was thinking of retailing exfoliater too, but wasn't sure, do other tanners find this is a good seller or not?

Hey everyone, I was thinking of selling exfoliationg gloves, do you think this is a good idea?

Hi!
Nouvatan do retail products, a mousse and tan in a can for home use. You can get them on their website x

Yes i know they do that, i meant creams and shimmer sprays etc like sienna do.

Glad you asked this as I was wondering about this question too. I wanted to do some retail, with things like the tanning moisturiser to help prolong clients tans. In fact only last night I could of sold some, but as I dont have any, as my tanning provider doesn't provide this, so the client will probably end up going to boots or somewhere to buy from there. I was thinking of retailing exfoliater too, but wasn't sure, do other tanners find this is a good seller or not?

i know i dont want my clients spending else where.

i don't think so, i don't think it's wrong to say to a client something along the lines of i chose this tanning brand because it was the best in terms of colour and fade off, as you know it's an absolutely fabulous colour, but they don't offer their own brand of whater products it is the client wants, but what i have done just for you as you're such a valued client is tried out all the professional whatever product client wants available and this is the best available in my professional/expert oppinion.

i think clients will appreciate that you want to give them the best tan possible, but have also took onboard what they were saying about wanting other products. it shows you listen to them and actually do want to give them what they want.

if your brand doesn't offer retail products why not send them an email asking if they will in the future? brands/companies don't know what you want if they don't receive any feedback.

edited to add: i too am with sienna and all their retail products come in sachet sizes aswell as full bottle sizes in hot pink or bronze coloured packaging. the retail products are nice and smell lovely! x

I think i will drop them an email. Im even considering changing brands but i do love Nouvatans wear and fade though and excellent customer service but they could do with getting a few more bits ands bobs in.

hi,
from experience I have stocked various retail products for all the solutions I carry, shimmers, tan extenders, mitts, moisturisers, shower gels, exfoliators, prep mists.....and majority stay on the shelf! most just want to 'tan and go' they have there spends for the tan and know they can buy similar products in town that will do the job. This retail lark used to stress me quite a bit, even influenced me when trying a new solution making sure the whole range was available to look good. All my retail products are on sale now, given up with it, cant sell what I dont really believe in, its all a bit gimmeky and keeps your profits stuck on the shelf longer.
Just going over to stocking the Nouvatans mousse...brilliant product never used anything like it..its all you need cos majority of clients just wanna know how to keep tan going. I use it regularly on face as this is where tan naturally fades off first with hands, loads of people commented how good it is so I can sell it easily, well it sells itself really!
for all other treatments, exfoliating, moisturising etc you can buy products that do the job in superdrug!I bet realistically its only about 10% of customers asking for these products, we just tend to remember the 1 or 2 that have and then get carried away with the 'need' to buy it all in. Wait and see how things go before spending more than maybe necessary. x

Latest posts

Back