White Tips !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Has the world gone mad???

Ive had 2 clients this week wanting white tips.....not white L&P but white tips!!!

Why why why ????? I can do a fab set of w&p l&p ....

But noooooo white tips please......omg....hellllppppppp .... come rebalance its gonna be a pain in the butt !!

Yes its easy peasy work but ..... REBALANCE ....... noooooooooo

Why oh why dont they listen.....one of them said they saw some of my p&w nails and they looked great but they want fake looking ones !!!

Do they realise who much practice and how many hours ive put into my white l&p.....hundreds of smile lines done for what .......

WHITE TIPS aaarrgghhhhhh

Anyone else had this?????

Hunny, this is then what sets you apart. What you have to remember is, a lot of other salons offer this as an easy option, fair enough, but you can rebalance them, no problem. When it annoys me, is when the white tip is almost meeting the eponychium, that is just bad judgement and lack of care.

I am not a white tip lover, but then again not a white tip snob either :lol: They have their place in the right circumstances. :hug:

Just to add, come rebalance time, there is no soak off, just replace your smile with white powder, and again the client will get that you can do it and the white tips will be no more for them, result.

whats wrong with white tips? :irked: I like them

whats wrong with white tips? :irked: I like them

Nothing hun, as I said they have their place, it is good to be able to rebalance with white powder though instead of having to soak off and replace.:hug:

Ive had 2 clients this week wanting white tips.....not white L&P but white tips!!!

But noooooo white tips please......omg....hellllppppppp .... come rebalance its gonna be a pain in the butt !!

Why oh why dont they listen.....one of them said they saw some of my p&w nails and they looked great but they want fake looking ones !!!

Do they realise who much practice and how many hours ive put into my white l&p.....hundreds of smile lines done for what .......

WHITE TIPS aaarrgghhhhhh

Anyone else had this?????

All the bleeding time...the majority of my clients want them...I'm sick of them ( the tips not the clients :lol:)
The attitude round here is if they've payed for them they want to look like they've had then done....i.e. FALSE!
Come rebal time will they have the white put on...will they bananas...No they want them soaked off to have the FALSE look back again, I've even offerd to do the white the same but NO WILL DO!
GRRRRRRR:grr:

i'm with fi on this one....Im not a particular fan of them....depending what is done by a tech with them...i.e put on short nail beds....and the quality of them ...they can have a place...why dont you offer to rebalance them with white powder and see what they say.....but you shouldnt have to soak off and replace the tip when it comes to rebalance just remov the original tip and file the area where it needs to be re applied thinly and attach a new tip

Last edited:
lol thats what drives me mad .... rebalancing a white tip .... id rather start from scratch with my own smile line and u kind of get to know your thickness etc

White tips throw it all off for me .....

White l&p looks far better imo....

but hey client knows best lol lol

Oh btw one of them was a nail biter with no nails ....... i advised against it and told her not to tell anyone i did them lol she thought they were the bees knees xx

WHITE TIPS aaarrgghhhhhh

PMSL
its frustrating when you know you can do nice smiles,

i would have said and do say to clients...

sorry but i do not stock white tips but i can make them look fake if that is the look you want,
and they will be stronger done this way ( i do explain why if asked)
this usually wins them around and then you are both happy,
hth :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
yep offered that ... they say can you do them like the nss lmaoooooooooooo

I didnt say i dont stock white tips though lol

Last edited:
lol thats what drives me mad .... rebalancing a white tip .... id rather start from scratch with my own smile line and u kind of get to know your thickness etc

White tips throw it all off for me .....

White l&p looks far better imo....

but hey client knows best lol lol

Oh btw one of them was a nail biter with no nails ....... i advised against it and told her not to tell anyone i did them lol she thought they were the bees knees xx

Sorry but I don't get that all, by that I mean rebalancing the white tip, I cannot get my head around quoting bits of posts, that's why I have quoted all your post hun.:lol:

If someone was to come to me with a white tip set of nails, I wouldn't have a problem rebalancing, if anything I would love it, you are doing the same job thinning down zone 1. I have seen white tips that go almost straight and rebalancing them gives me a hell of a lot satisfaction, I dunno must be me then!

As for a nail biter wanting white tips sorry that would be a straight no.

No i did the set of white tips lol .....i do rebalance them with white l&p

I was purely an observation of the few clients i have had this week

I would prefer to do a set of w&p l&p that look natural and suiting to the client, my own smile lines etc ....what i would call a french enhancement.

They want white tips stuck on and i then do a natural/pink l&p on them...im not saying i dont love it......it annoys me that i practiced and practiced my smile lines.....

I dont have any problems rebalancing them but i am then following the smile line of the white tips .... i would rather start from scratch with my own white l&p...

Its not a problem at all ..... it was just an observation from this weeks clients that they wanted me to make their nails look like nss when i know they could look better....

I have tips ready to show them with all the different white l&p & pinks that i can do ..... 96% approx love the white l&p look... but for some its white tips please....

I soooo dont explain myself properly when typing lol

Del got what i meant though lol ......They just luuurve the white tips....lol

Last edited:
yes i can do them ...... i guess its that training thing in me ...... must use white l&p must use white l&p lol lol

White tips, I love them. I stock all kinds of white tips, deep u smile, deep c smile. There is no problem when they grow out, just give the client a choice of the lovely nail graphix whites or plain. I don't like to not be able to offer a service so for white, colour, natural, pre-designed or pearl I charge £35. For natural with polish £40, with air-brush french or french polish £42.50 and for pink and whites and colour tips I charge £45.
If you are getting asked for them why not provide them? :)

ooohhh nooooooo ive done it again ......

I have no problem with white tips .......i do however think the nails look much better with white l&p.......

I am talking about clients who will only have white tips......they have to be rebalanced with white l&p....how can you let a white tip grow out .....it needs to be rebalanced with some kind of powder/glitter ....

i am talking about clinets who dont want any of that...

Del help me out please xxxxxx lol

If you are getting asked for them why not provide them? :)

Its whole part of being a nail techician, providing your clients with the nails they want :green:

i give up ! lol

I think you'd have to tell them that if they want the white tips, these are the rebal options....soak off and redo, or rebal with l&p. Let them know what you feel is the best for them and what each option will do, and go from there. If they chose the soak off route, then that's up to them. As long as you've told them what can happen in each option you've done your job :)

lol!! ....you do not have to rebalance using white l+p.....you can just thin out and clip the old white tip away and re apply a new one where you want it to go after yoyu have thinned out that area

Latest posts

Back