White Tips !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Never thought of that. Tip over a tip...hmmmm....might have to try that out on my test subject (mom, lol)

your not tipping over a tip cause you are clipping away the old one and filing away any tip left on the natural nail. :)

ooohhh nooooooo ive done it again ......

I have no problem with white tips .......i do however think the nails look much better with white l&p.......

I am talking about clients who will only have white tips......they have to be rebalanced with white l&p....how can you let a white tip grow out .....it needs to be rebalanced with some kind of powder/glitter ....

i am talking about clinets who dont want any of that...

Del help me out please xxxxxx lol

OK yet again you have lost me, in your initial post you were against white tips, now you are not!

Right the major thing for me to be telling clients that only wanted white tips would be, let me rebalance one nail and show your skills then, if they didn't want that then tell them the cost and if that doesn't work soak off an re-apply. Not ideal but you are the tech, not them, let them know that Simples! :)

sian ...... how long does that take to do? Do you have the white tip only client too?

never thought of doing it that way? i might try that...do they stay on ok ???

Everyone - actual rebalance or tipping wasnt what i was referring to or asking it was merely an observation of a few clients wanting white tips only.....

i do white tips when asked, i rebalance white tips when asked, i do offer clients alternatives lol lol lol lol lol

Not against white tips .....just ermmm...... not put out, not angry but suprised that clients wouldnt prefer a nice p&w natural looking nail instead of a white tip.....

Simples???

After offering all of the above combinations ....... its not a problem to do ...... i just wonder why they want them....

ooohhh nooooooo ive done it again ......

I have no problem with white tips .......i do however think the nails look much better with white l&p.......

I am talking about clients who will only have white tips......they have to be rebalanced with white l&p....how can you let a white tip grow out .....it needs to be rebalanced with some kind of powder/glitter ....

i am talking about clinets who dont want any of that...

Del help me out please xxxxxx lol

Oh you do get into some pickles ann :lol::hug:
Ok i think what your trying to say is that you prefer the more natural look of white l&p as opposed to the 'false' look of the tips.
I don't think (unlike me,cz i'm sick of them :lol:) you have anything against the white tip.
The rebal of a white tip can be done the same way as a rebal for a white l&p you would simply bring your smile down a bit and shorten the length, rebalancing the apex, no need for any glitters or anything like that.
Have i got you right hun?
:hug:

sorry, misread :)
does that take a while to do? or you just get better at it the more you do it I supose? For me, I do not like the blending of tips so I'm not sure if I'd have the patience to do that.

thank you Del....... yes ...... id rather do a nice set of w&p without the white tip look....

i dont like clients walking out of the door with white tips when i know i could mke them look better....

but

if thats what they want after being offered all the options then i do them...

is that better?????

Ok now totally confused :eek:

I thought I was answering one thing then answered another.

I am gonna hush my mouth now :lol::lol::lol:

Tbh...not that long as when i apply a clear overlay over tips....its done quite thinly. but still very strong so you are just thinning out zone 1/2 quite alot (like you would anyway for a french rebalance) then with nail clippers clip the majority of the white tip away..then file away the rest of the white tip that was originally adhered to the natural nail then apply another white tip further down the nail....even if it is over a very thin layer of acrylic it will still stay in place...then just cap in clear as you normally would.......or use popits. :)

me toooo

why oh why ........i wasnt asking anything in particular it was purely an observational post .....

i do this all the time...

i need to stop posting .... xx

good quality white tips can look just as good as white l+p in my opinion x

Thats interesting Sian ..... might give that ago ..... does that not put pressure on the tip of the nat nail though?

Do you use cnd white tips Sian?

thank you Del....... yes ...... id rather do a nice set of w&p without the white tip look....

i dont like clients walking out of the door with white tips when i know i could mke them look better....

but

if thats what they want after being offered all the options then i do them...

is that better?????

Rightly or wrongly you have a choice to try and 'educate' your client...in the same way as they have a right to take or ingnore your advice.
If the client is happy not taking your advice and exampls of what is better/preetier for them that is their choice.
If you want them as a customer it's a case of the clients allways right even when their wrong.
Personally I take them as customer as I can't afford not to :lol:
:hug:

hmmm...definitely have to give it a shot! :)

lol ............... ok shoot me but

What i meant was: Why do clients want white tips when they can have the real deal....

meaning a lovely set of white and pink enhancements...

but i guess thats all in the beholders eye...

is that ok ? lol

What i meant was: Why do clients want white tips when they can have the real deal....

is that ok ? lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

A lot of truth in a little saying :lol:

If the customer is happy they tell others...if they're not they tell a whole lot more.

yep agreed ..... ive had referals for w***e tips .....lol

god i darnt even type the words now lol

is that ok ? lol

Ok Ann, yes they can, I am PMSL tonight at your posts, jesus I have went from one to the other, white tips, not white tips.

Ok here is the bottom line, if you DON'T want to offer white tips and feel as passionately as you do then don't offer them, stick to your guns and say no.

I however, like to be able to offer what the clients wants, and I then use my judegment and expertise to follow that through, this is what you want to be doing hun, you are the tech with the knowledge so use it.

I am officially hushing my mouth up now :hug:

Last edited:
yep im giving them what they want lol and charging them accordingly lol

I doesnt matter what i like .... i know that .... lol

Over & out from the crazy geek lol

ssssshhhhhhhhhh

lol @ all the editing .....its soooooo funny x

Latest posts

Back