White Tips !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol ............... ok shoot me but

What i meant was: Why do clients want white tips when they can have the real deal....

meaning a lovely set of white and pink enhancements...

but i guess thats all in the beholders eye...

is that ok ? lol

Maybe that particular type of client thinks that the White Tip Is The Real Deal!
If that is what they want, give them white tips.
It is up to you and your businesses bank balance.
Maintenance is not a problem, the white tip will grow off just as the normal nail.
While I can understand your frustration I do like the variety of applying white tips to some clients, coloured and pre-designed tips to others, and pink and whites or colour smiles to yet others.
Charge as to the service. Worry less about the wants of the client at your initial appointment. Concern yourself with getting her back to you. Give her an option or a few options. I charge £15 for soak off and there are not many of my clients who choose a soak off and new set every few weeks. :)

Simples???
Gotta love Alexander :wink2: lol

Well, for the record, I don't like white tips at all, so much so that the only white tips I own are the ones I got in a kit at the Event last year, and I've still not opened them LOL

Am I a white tip snob? NO (well, ok, kind of lol)... however, I do have fantastic powers of persuasion :lol:

lol ............... ok shoot me but

What i meant was: Why do clients want white tips when they can have the real deal....

meaning a lovely set of white and pink enhancements...

but i guess thats all in the beholders eye...

is that ok ? lol

I have 3 or 4 nail bars near me (my competition) and they ONLY do white tips on the nails with pink or clear overlay. When they grow out people get them soaked off and start all over again. Personally I think that's nuts b/c they have to pay for removal + a full set instead of a rebalance!!
But... people love them b/c they are so quick to apply.

White tips are so popular around here that when a lady came in to see me a couple of months ago asking for a french L&P rebalance I'd forgotten how to do smile lines - b/c it had been a very long time since a customer asked me to do french L&P re-balance! [Ha Ha... that is how I found this site b/c I was trying to refresh my memory :)] Many of my customers have NO idea french L&P/rebalance is even available!!!!

I understand your frustration both in these posts :lol: and sometimes with clients. As you say, you have a skill and a talent and you would prefer to use it ... have I got that RIGHT?

Still we are there as said to carry out the wishes of the clients (if they wont bend to MY will :green: .. which is rare).

There are white tips and then there are CND white tips. Some are in your face neon white but CND well less Performance tips look no different at all to a well applied hand done white. As long as the technician places the tip in the right spot they look lovely.

:hug:i remember (think) you suggesting using brisa pow for a p/w rebalance?
can you just remind me of the steps? i need help since my last p/w rebalances have been pants:mad:

lol my year working in my town center, I only had 2 clients that had natural nails from me the rest of my enhancement clients were white tip and the really daring ones had pink and silver flicks. Or play boy bunny stickers.
Even my own daughter loved them:irked:
Probably why I love bling nails so much:green:

I love all things bling as well, so I don´t really mind if my clients prefer an enhancement that does look "fake". :green:
Actually not a single client so far has asked for a simple natural nail overlay. :rolleyes: But I guess it´s the spring and summer coming, everyone wants some colour or glitter or something extra to their nails.

About white tips, at first I absolutely loved them - of course, it´s tip it and blend it - and poofff, you´ve got a perfectly crisp and even smile line!
But then I started to pay attention to actually wanting to master the art of creating beautifully crisp smile lines with gel. So these days I often go for creating it myself, even if it´s nowhere near the gorgeous smile lines created by true masters. But I am determined to be there one day (my estimation would be circa around 2045 but if even then, I´m happy! :green:)

But yeah, some clients (most in my case) don´t even want it to look natural. And what the client wants, the client gets. That´s why I still use white tips very now and then.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has been talking about rebalancing white tips, we haven't covered that at college, just infills, so was wondering what we were meant to do. By the way i love p&w's but nowhere near good enough yet, only got that assesment to pass, lots of pracise needed, but i am a perfectionist, so will get there.
Thanks again every body.
xx

How would you rebalance a white tip that had gel overlay? Would you buff away the gel and then use white gel to do the tip and then clear or pink? Or am I asking a daft question? Lol. :confused:

How would you rebalance a white tip that had gel overlay? Would you buff away the gel and then use white gel to do the tip and then clear or pink? Or am I asking a daft question? Lol. :confused:

That's exactly how you do it!

What an interesting thread, just what I needed. I have always preferred a l&p pink and white enhancement over a white tip, and do not own a box of white tips. (have had no need, nobody has requested the white plastic tip, or maybe they dare not ask:green:) I did sample the NSI pearl tips as I thought the colour was lovely, then had difficulty matching the colour for rebalancing.

Funny though, over past month, I have actually considered using tips (I am an avid sculptor - borderline sculpting snob:lol:
Why? we have to turn around our clients faster in the salon - this is what a portion of our clients want, and believe it or not since we have had a NSS in our city, I am getting people asking for tips and faster times - but of cause still want the quality we produce. - oh well, I figure if the "cheese is moving" I have to chase the "cheese", but I will not compromise on the quality of the enhancements coming out of the salon. So yes I will be investing in CND well less tips White, Natural and Clear - who knows I may become a tipping snob:green::green::lol:

Are you talking about the white tips? They are great! I love them. I don't have to polish them or worry about smile lines. True they look terrible on short nail beds but as long as the customer thinks they look good why bother. I did a set yesterday just because I knew it would be faster to get the client out the door. She had beautiful long nail beds. Since I applied them perfectly to her smile line they probably will only last two weeks. After that I will probably airbrush a french or use polish.:lol:

True they look terrible on short nail beds but as long as the customer thinks they look good why bother.

Because surely we as Nail Tech's should want to produce the most good-looking enhancement possible...... What you don't realise is although that client may like them others will see them as 'terrible' and decide never to come to you for their own nails.....

What happened to having pride in your work?

Are you talking about the white tips? They are great! I love them. I don't have to polish them or worry about smile lines. True they look terrible on short nail beds but as long as the customer thinks they look good why bother. I did a set yesterday just because I knew it would be faster to get the client out the door. She had beautiful long nail beds. Since I applied them perfectly to her smile line they probably will only last two weeks. After that I will probably airbrush a french or use polish.:lol:

Would you polish/airbrush over a grown out white tip??

How well do either of those cover & more importantly look??

so what about when u look behind the nail at the finger and see the half white half real nail............. you cant infill the white underneath the nail. i had clients complain about that so stopped doing infills for white tips.

does this make sense to anyone???:irked:

so what about when u look behind the nail at the finger and see the half white half real nail............. you cant infill the white underneath the nail. i had clients complain about that so stopped doing infills for white tips.

Does this make sense to anyone???:irked:

This happens no matter what tip you use or even if you sculpt .... frankly I have no patience with people who complain about this sort of thing .. it is part of growing ones nails out .. tell them they need to 'suck it up' and get a life if that is a major worry to them. :rolleyes: How many people go around looking under someones nails?? Only THEY do it to their own and it is just silly to worry about it.

You certainly shouldn't let a couple of prissy clients make you stop doing what you should be doing.

Missed this thread first time round.....how interesting and funny....Champagne and Fi you had me :lol:

here is my white tip story from a clients perspective!!!

Before I did any training for nails....my daugher and myself were in the UK and called in at the local nail 'salon' to have our nails done....on the spot appointment...WOW happy bunnies we were.

The lovely ladies from Thailand ( I asked where they were from....we had a conversation about Bangkok!!! ) set to work with some drills on us as we sat side by side.
I was going to ask for a mask too because they looked cool but refrained...

Then it came to the tips. Did we want clear or white.

WHITE we said in unison.....would look lovely on our bitten nails we thought....daughter with 2mm of nail....me with about 1cm of nail.

So white tips we had....daughter had white nail....couldn't see any real nail LMAO....me, well could just see an incy bit of nail....

Walked out of salon £15 lighter and thought :eek:

Decided we should have gone for the clear tip but were not advised and none the wiser at the time....

However about 10 weeks down the line we had lovely white tips with lovely long nail beds and nails you could balance a bus on the end!!!! Boy were those nails strong :eek::lol:

I have a box of white tips....I'm not a white tip snob because I have never been asked for a white tip :lol: But I have used them on my daughter.....( I didn't rebalance....she couldn't hold her tray at work with the nails )
I don't know I think they have their place....

I guess you have to try and educate your client, give all options and what would suit them best but ultimately do what the client wants if it is possible....as a client myself back in the day I wasn't happy unless I had a white tip :o

Wow - what a thread!

I am so on the fence with the white tips. I do use them when a client requests a really short french look because I find it very difficult to get a really short french thin enough at the smile line. My clients love them, but I really prefer to do an l&p enhancement over using tips. I am kind of a snob when it comes to this - I don't like tips, but if clients don't appreciate the work involved in a sculptured nail - they can have the tips!

Latest posts

Back