whites coming off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Sometimes when i do pink and whites and i get down to smoothing the product down the white comes away from the free edge or looks dull. Am i not puuting enough on, it seems like the free edge is too thick if i put too much on. I need to get it sorted cause it is leaving patches on the white.

any advice?
thanks very much.

Perhaps taylor your tip a bit more, ie thin it more at the free edge and it will give you more room for product without it looking too thick.

This is not an uncommon problem. 2 things will cure it.

1. Thin the tip right out before you apply any white powder to it. Thinning the tip to paper thin will allow you to apply more product without it looking thick. the nail enhancement will also be stronger if you thin the tip right away.
2. Make your white bead a little drier in this area so that the white is more dense.
3. OR Sculpt the nails and don't use a tip at all.

These suggestions will solve your problems.

thanks geeg and christine great advice again. I never really thin out the tip really, so i will definetly do this. Do you do it when it has been applied to the nail (stupid question). I only ever tried sculpting on my foundation course and thought i would never get the hang of it, but a salon i am going to for an interview today said she likes to offer both. So i practised on myself, they werent that bad and thought they looked very more natural and thin. Definetly prefer to do this if my skills were better.

zoeCU said:
thanks geeg and christine great advice again. I never really thin out the tip really, so i will definetly do this. Do you do it when it has been applied to the nail (stupid question).

You can do some pre-thinning but I finish off the process when the tip is on the nail. Make sure the tip is thinner at the sides than in the middle when you are finished, just as your product should be when you are finished.

Latest posts

Back