Why are my nails pinging off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amandahartly

Reaction score
Hi ive popped over from hair.
I've had a new nail tech doing my nails the last 4 times. Last time I soaked off & had a new pair on, last thurs. since then I've lost 4(glued them back on) but whys this happening? Only pulled up my jeans earlier & 1 flicked off! Hot happy! X

Are they gel or acrylic nails? x

I couldn't say exactly why but if its a new set then you should go back and show your technician. Also, you really shouldn't reglue false nails. It's very unsanitary and you could give yourself a bacterial infection. So I would go back and see if your tech can remedy the situation. They shouldn't just fall off so something's definitely not right.

Are you a hairdresser? If so, when did she do your new set? Was if after work? I find doing a new set on hairdressers needs to be done on their off day. This is because your nails are constantly in water, your nails will swell with water and can hold water for up to 3 hours so if you apply enhancements, to a overly hydrated nail you will have lifting or nails coming off. For proper adhesion, nail beds need to be dehydrated and free from oils. Having hands in water with shampoo and conditioner which can contain oils or silicones will cause problems with enhancements. It's best to do a new set or infill on your day off.

Hi thanks everyone! They're gel, she did them in a morning on my day off.
I had to re-glue, I couldnt walk About minus nails it looks horrible! This set have lifted really bad too, my thumbs are fine, all my fingers are a mess! X

Latest posts

Back