Will perms make a comeback?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the other big problems with perms coming back (besides no new hairdressers being trained) is that the people who may go for them as an experiment may colour their hair a lot and the ends of their hair could have had more than 10 chemical processes performed on them - add a perm to that and we'll have 'meltdown':Scared:

In the salon where I work we still do quite a few perms, these are all for older clients.
I have just qualified at NVQ 2 and I took the perming module but I was in the minority....I think more would like to have done it but we didn't have the clients for them to be able to!

I work in a fairly big salon an we do a lot of perms still for the older people! unusual if we don't get at least one or two a day!

Have just read about 'Digital Perms' have not heard of them before but it states it gives permanent curls, wound on what looks like setting rollers and you are connected to a 'Special perm unit' - it actually looks like an old fashion perm system from the 30's!

Has anyone heard about it? And if so, what it like?

Latest posts

Back