Words/sayings that get on your nerves!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Bockles" and "ospical"
"I'm off t'ospical so can you wash baby's bockles while I'm out?"
Sorry northerners

'Im not being funny but' at the start of a sentence (usually something horrible) irritates me.

'Im not being funny but' at the start of a sentence (usually something horrible) irritates me.

I find people who say this are also the worst culprits for 'No offence but <insert most offensive phrase ever here>'.

I find people who say this are also the worst culprits for 'No offence but <insert most offensive phrase ever here>'.

I don't mean to be rude but....

Yes you do!!

Yes, I think you are all ridiculously stupid and disagree with everything you say..but it's just my personal opinion.

And in my humble opinion, that's annoying, clearly nothing humble about it. I must confess I have written this myself several times to be irritating.

Being called 'dear' by someone younger than me :-(

Just been called my pet hate 10 minutes ago..... Mrs ? Thanks mrs, how you mrs ? Why do people say that now? X

Somebody just used the word 'velocity' on the rant thread.
A better class of language. I like it!

That was me! I can't help it, by day I am a scientist and a writer so sometimes I sound like I've swallowed a dictionary!

I did see someone on here the other day saying they needed to nip a problem in the 'butt' as opposed to bud. It made me chuckle.

I hear some crackers at work but I can't get too annoyed or laugh too much as most of the people speak English as their second or third language, and I'm sure I mess up when I'm speaking other languages too!

Rx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

"Bockles" and "ospical"
"I'm off t'ospical so can you wash baby's bockles while I'm out?"
Sorry northerners

Or even worse... "hozzy"!

"Leanne is in the hozzy with a broken leg" :( I hate it!!

Being called 'dear' by someone younger than me :-(

Yes, or when they insert your first name far too frequently into conversation in a poor attempt to be authoritative. It's just condescending. I worked in a clinic with a sports massage therapist who did this, she was young and did it to all of us not just her clients. It made me avoid her.

Hi Victoria, how are you? Are things busy for you Victoria? And how do you feel about that Victoria? Do you think you could make sure that you anticipated your clients ringing on the front door Victoria? I am sure you understand Victoria but when I am in a treatment that I find it really disconcerting if the doorbell goes, it disturbs my terribly important train of thought and breaks my concentration. Thaaanks soo much Victoria.

Imagine that conversation in the worlds most ridiculously condescending voice.

It was like someone had given her a book on psychology and she had picked out the most irritating parts to exercise in her daily life :-D

Last edited:
My husband gets "communication" and "commuting" mixed up and I want to hit him with a baseball bat. We were looking at a house the other day and he says "yes, it's great for communication, right near the motorway and the airport". "NO!" I scream. "It's commuting, not communication". He says it about 3 times a week and I go mental. I'm trying to stamp it out in fear that he says this at work and is made to look a fool.

Yes, or when they insert your first name far too frequently into conversation in a poor attempt to be authoritative. It's just condescending. I worked in a clinic with a sports massage therapist who did this, she was young and did it to all of us not just her clients. It made me avoid her.

Hi Victoria, how are you? Are things busy for you Victoria? And how do you feel about that Victoria? Do you think you could make sure that you anticipated your clients ringing on the front door Victoria? I am sure you understand Victoria but when I am in a treatment that I find it really disconcerting if the doorbell goes, it disturbs my terribly important train of thought and breaks my concentration. Thaaanks soo much Victoria.

It was like someone had given her a book on psychology and she had picked out the most irritating parts to exercise in her daily life :-D

So you didn't enjoy that conversation then Victoria! Eh, Victoria?:D

So you didn't enjoy that conversation then Victoria! Eh, Victoria?:D

No I did not enjoy any conversation with her ever Tonicj :-D

UGH! This is my pet peeve.

Hi Geeks,

Ok so I can't stand being called "chick" or "chicken", & I dont like partners calling each other "baby". For a child or pet it doesn't bother me.

Id love to hear what annoys you ;) xx

Hahahha I always call the ppl I love my girls and if we close I call them my chickens.
Maybe it's a Sa thing but I think it's cute &#128037;&#128037;.

I dislike being called girl!
When certain men talk to you they say : hey girl ..... Even seen older men talk to their wives like ages 60plus and it grates me like you won't believe.

Beauty at your finger tips!

This is like people who say "So long story short" and then tell the longest version of a story ever!

Amanda xx

This is like people who say "So long story short" and then tell the longest version of a story ever!

Amanda xx

My nickname is story teller because of this.

I am also known for saying, no offence, I'm not being funny and not gonna lie. I never used to say these things, until I started working in call centres. I realise how ridiculous this is and do my best to stop myself saying it.

Just found this on Facebook,

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399528319.770157.jpg

Thought it was a rather appropriate addition to this thread.

A woman referring to her chest as 'the girls'. That's proper irritating.

Latest posts

Back