would like to do conversion to bio sculpture or calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippadoodle

Reaction score
just wondering, what gels you would recommend as I so want a soak off gel. Last night I did a soak off on ibd sculpts and it took me ages to get it off. Filed most of it and then soaked. Would really like to change brands and am thinking of doing a conversion course with bio sculpture or calgel. Do I have to do the course to buy the products and any idea if there are any courses available in the Leicester area. Thanks, Karen xx

pippadoodle said:
just wondering, what gels you would recommend as I so want a soak off gel. Last night I did a soak off on ibd sculpts and it took me ages to get it off. Filed most of it and then soaked. Would really like to change brands and am thinking of doing a conversion course with bio sculpture or calgel. Do I have to do the course to buy the products and any idea if there are any courses available in the Leicester area. Thanks, Karen xx

Hi Pippa

I do believe ibd is a file off not soak off, thats why the delay !

I use BIOSCULPTURE....calgel is much the same only a bit dearer i believe.

I would say in my experience its fantastic for natural overlays, i dont do sculpts really unless its a one off ....and anyone who wants a manicure ALWAYS goes the £££ extra for bio who wouldnt it lasts 3 times longer than polish and adds strenght to your nails !!

Azkentz is DEFINATELY worth a try...in my opinion they are just as good if not stronger, they have colours coming out (they do french in a variety now).....are just as eay to apply and soak off.

WORTH trying to see if you like soak off gels b4 you spend MEGA wonga out with bio or calgel.

If i can help further ....just ask!

Amb x

thanks Amb I have heard about the Azkentz gel from this site, I will give that a try first I think before spending out a lot of cash.

pippadoodle said:
thanks Amb I have heard about the Azkentz gel from this site, I will give that a try first I think before spending out a lot of cash.

karen at nails plus beauty customer service is absolutely excellent....Amb x

actually....i shouldnt give you all my secrets :eek: ....you may be one of my competitors !! he he

Thanks so much, will give her a ring tomorrow. I finish level 3 at College on Wednesday, just got one more assessment on sculptured acrylics and written exam, then, daft as it may seem, am quite happy to just do family and friends. Just love doing nails so much but am really happy in my day job, so for now just intend to keep it as it is. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again Amb. xx:

Hi Pippa

I totally agree with Amber the Akzentz Gel is fab and the colours are due out anytime now, i,ve had no problems with it. I find bio and calgel far too expensive save youself some money and give Karen a call shes lovely and will give you all the help and advice you need.:biggrin:

Hi Karen,

I use Calgel (and yes, you do have to do a Calgel course to purchase their gels). I think Calgel is great. There are heaps of colours, it soaks of in about 20 minutes, is self-levelling and so easy to do sculptures. It's not cheap, but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.
I also think their nail polishes are fantastic quality - beautiful, shiny, long lasting and quick drying (they cost 3.15 + VAT).
If you want to know any other prices or anything, let me know.

Debbie

Debs67 said:
Hi Karen,

I use Calgel (and yes, you do have to do a Calgel course to purchase their gels). I think Calgel is great. There are heaps of colours, it soaks of in about 20 minutes, is self-levelling and so easy to do sculptures. It's not cheap, but I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for.
I also think their nail polishes are fantastic quality - beautiful, shiny, long lasting and quick drying (they cost 3.15 + VAT).
If you want to know any other prices or anything, let me know.

Debbie
Hi girls do you have any links for these gels?

Davinia said:
Hi girls do you have any links for these gels?
www.biosculpture.co.uk

I use Bio too, and am very happy with the product, even though it's a bit on the pricey side.

Latest posts

Back