Yellow roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Help I have a client who's hair I have been doing platinum blonde for years , and have not changed my products I use indola bleach and osmo ikon tone on tone , but of late it's going yellow a couple of days later , then when I try to tone it the hair goes green , so the only thing I can use is directions violet toner , please can someone advise on this , could it be a reaction to the blue shampoo . Thanks

Yellow plus blue = green...

What base are you lifting from and what base does it lift to?
Do you know what shampoo you're client is using at home? If it only goes noticeably yellow after a few days, it's likely to be the result of something the client is doing.

Thanks , I lifted the hair from 6 to 10 with bleach then used blue shampoo , then put on tone on tone osmo ikon 12:19 ( as client would like to be white blonde) then the hair started to change to a pastel green in seconds it's never done this before , can hormones change hair as the only thing my client has changed is she has come of HRT don't know if this can a effect hair . So I neutralised the green with watered down red food colouring which worked very well then put on a directions violet toner this worked , but now the yellow is back my client use this stuff on her hair
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1438779368.902696.jpg
. Sorry for long message it's hard to explain and thanks

I was always told never to do a silver / blue shampoo on hair before toning.. Could have something to do with it as you're doing that then putting a very ash colour over it. Also not sure about that colour line but you're not supposed to tone with the 12 range ? Anyone else have any ideas?

Ok thanks for the advise , I am thinking it's the blue shampoo , and no about the 12 but it's what's worked for this client in the past so stuck with it . Thank you

Woah!
Red food colouring to neutralise green tones, lol?

I can see you might do this as a DIY option if you don't have access to Pro products but what did you tell your client?

Agree with previous poster that you shouldn't tone with a 12. The 12 lines are formulated to lift and then tone so completely the wrong type of formula to use for toning after bleaching. I suspect this might be what is causing your problems although it is true that hormone changes can affect chemical services.

Besides OSMO, what other colour houses do you use/are familiar with?

Hi , The red food colouring worked a treat , it's the opposites colour in the colour wheel and was quick to hand , abit of a DIY as I do it mobile , the client was fine with it and it worked then put directions toner on after worked fine . I have used 11.1 before too it was what just worked on the clients hair and has before , it's only this time it's gone green , my client is coming back tomorrow and need to know what I can use to tone down the yellow but scared of it going green , I have used wella before and indola thanks for the feed back

Make sure u use nothing blue/ash if she's yellow right now. Stick to violet toners

Latest posts

Back