young nails advertisment nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

in nov issue of professional nails, the black swirly paint with the white tips
how is it done??
its gorgeous!!
x

i think i know what design you are talking about, its french with black coming from end of tip to about middle of zone 2 with a little crystal on it. i painted some of these for a friens once. but i beleive that the actual young nails one is done with gel.

it has no crystals, its black wispy painty stuff coming down from the free edge.

x

does the whispy bit look like the young nails logo?

i beleive they use KALEIDOSCOPE GEL PAINT.

I think you're both thinking of 2 different ads here - Buttonmoon - the affect I think your're reffereing to is a type of marbling one - don't know how you do it tho - Sarah - the one your talking about is a design with a very neat edge on the black swirl and a gem....?

Not got my copy to hand but is it the one where a pin has been run through the gel before setting it?

I was lucky enough to watch Heidi from Young Nails at the Pro Beauty Show here in Dublin in October - the nail art she did with their gels was amazing. I only got the odd 10 minutes here and there to watch her (as I was busy myself) but my friend spent most of the first day watching the stuff she was doing with the gel and then the second day she brought her own chair to make sure she could sit and watch her for hours! I'm sure she did something similar - dragging a pin or needle through the gel to get the little wisps.

Latest posts

Back