your open hours...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckjustpamper

Reaction score
Right currently i am putting together everything for the salon, i was thinking for the first 3 months of opening just be open all day everyday (which believe you me i DO realise this will be hard going!!)
my reasoning for this is to get a real feel on what days are busy what times are busy etc etc so then following that i can organise the opening and closing times a bit better!?

Do you think this is a good idea? or do you think by being open all the time to begin with it will be hard to change the hours to not dissapoint people?
views as always are appreciated!! :hug:

My hours are mon 9-5. tues/wed/thurs/fri 9-8 sat 9-6
People still want more!

I'm open Mon - Saturday 8am until 7pm.
That said I worked this morning for a couple of hours!

Yes I think its a good idea to get a feel for busy and quiet times. we open 9-7 monday to friday and 9-6 on saturday. Monday tends to be quite busy as a lot of salons close mondays. evenings are always busy from 4pm onwards usually 2-3 weeks ahead. Also on the other hand a lot of people come in whilst their children are at school so early mornings are busy with mums. Evenings are busy with people on their way home from work. Good luck with the business.

Diane

I know a couple of people who've started in salon's after mobile and they've said they'll be open 7 days but certain days/times are by pre-arranged appt only to save them going in if it's not necessary. Seems to have worked pretty well.

Having said that, I think most people expect us to be closed Sun & Mon these days.

Best of luck
Tx

I do 11-8 weekdays, closed Wednesdays (except near xmas) 11-6 on Saturdays, closed Sunday.
How about starting off doing Mon-Sat with 2/3 late nights & advertise Sundays as closed (appointments available on request)
I guess everywhere is different but I always have found Thursdays my busiest day followed by Friday then Saturday.
I do think it is a must to give yourself at least one full day off, even if its just to go to the bank/wholesalers etc.
How about looking at your local salons opening days & hours to give you an idea what your clients may expect?
Hope that helps
x:hug:x

My hours are..

Tue 9 - 7
Wed 9 - 7
Thur 9 - 5
Fri 10 - 6
Sat 8 - 5

When I started I worked any days/hours to build my client base.
I usually end up working late as Im always sticking people on to the end of the day (except sat when we go for a quick cheeky vino after work) and sometimes before 9.
I'll come in on a Monday if a regular wants a package.
That said as the rest of Dec is booked up Im woking Mon - Sat from 9 - 8.30 every day (except sat!)

I find Tuesday is really busy - fully booked 9 - 7, Wedneday and Thursday about 70% full, Friday and saturday fully booked. Evenings a weekends usually booked about 3 wks in advance.

I used to work Mondays and have Wednesdays off as most salons are shut on a Monday but I found that that I didnt get much call for Mondays as I think Clients expect places to be shut, I also found it difficult not having 2 days off in a row for a year (except my holiday) Im much happier working wednesdays and having sun/mon off - or rather sun/mon to work from home catching up!

When you start up its hard to have anytime for yourself as you feel you have to be available 24/7 - Remember to look after you too :hug:

My opening hours are;

Tuesday and Wednesday - 9am until 6pm
Thursday and Friday - 9am until 8pm
Saturday - 9am until 5pm

And I'm closed on Sundays and Mondays.

Mon, Tues, Wed 9-6
Thurs, Fri 9-7
Sat 8 - 6
Closed on Sundays

Mondays are our second busiest day of the week, outside Saturday.
I think its easier to extend your hours where needed, rather than cutting them back as people get extremely pissy when they come calling when they know you used to be open, only to find you are now closed IMO.

Latest posts

Back