Your prices for the following;

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could have 2 prices if you wish but I wouldn't. Purely because a client will say I only booked in for a tidy not a reshape why am I getting charged more?

I'd just rather not have the hassle lol! x

I'm not a waxer but thinking on it from a clients point of view..... Who has had a dodgy eyebrow wax?? I certainly have. So I do look for a clean, well presented salon and staff in it! And yes if it was less than £5 I would not go. That's my personal opinion but I think a lot of people think like this too!

I'd like to go to one of these expensive salons to see how I get on... I've never been to a therapist who has offered to wax above my brow, even though it's dead fluffy and one has like half an eyebrow growing out the top of it lol! I always have to ask, I know it's a training thing but I know very experienced geeks on here have said they do top of brow.

Anyway I digress... My point is I wouldn't go somewhere cheap. Would actively avoid.

I think something that should be considered in this cheap v expensive discussion is BUSINESS STRATEGIES!

What we need to realise althought we are salons we are also businesses and each of us has a different business strategy which of course means a different level of pricing.

So rather than berating someone for charging less perhaps consider they may be simply a more budget salon??

Not everyone is a high end luxury salon.

Some do price low and it works for them - its just a different way of targeting a market - isn't this low price mass volume approach what started off my all time hero lol Sir Alan Sugar?

It's not necessarily what I'm doing but I do respect the owners who take this approach as obviously its how they want to run their business.

There's room for us all

I think something that should be considered in this cheap v expensive discussion is BUSINESS STRATEGIES!

What we need to realise althought we are salons we are also businesses and each of us has a different business strategy which of course means a different level of pricing.

So rather than berating someone for charging less perhaps consider they may be simply a more budget salon??

Not everyone is a high end luxury salon.

Some do price low and it works for them - its just a different way of targeting a market - isn't this low price mass volume approach what started off my all time hero lol Sir Alan Sugar?

It's not necessarily what I'm doing but I do respect the owners who take this approach as obviously its how they want to run their business.

There's room for us all

I do agree with all you have said - i.e. that Therapists can charge what they want to, and there is room for all of us. When you charge lower for example, you are not being true to yourself, or the industry. We work long and hard hours, we constantly train and do have to buy products and pay bills.

I personally feel as though some people would not respect our industry enough if we did this, as we are not reflecting our hard work that we have put into our business.

I would go to a Therapist because their work is of high standard and is consistent and they are professional.

Sometimes, the problem with offering cheaper treatments is that when want to actually charge what you think you should, it becomes difficult and also awkward with customers so you could be stuck with lower priced treatments.

Sorry Emma, I've digressed a bit on your thread.....

Yes, this is very true, I never thought about it like that before.
I just thought about the amount of hair on each area.

With eyebrow waxing/threading I find that most clients are repeat so they just need their shape tidied up, every now & then I get a "new" complete re-shape to do but 80% are just keeping their shape tidy (which I guess I dont think I use any skill to do)

Maybe it would be a good idea to have 2 prices;
eyebrow re-shape & eyebrow tidy?!
What do you think? The re-shape being a bit more?

Thank you to everyone who has taken time to share their prices, it is really interesting to see what we all charge x:hug:x

You could have 2 prices if you wish but I wouldn't. Purely because a client will say I only booked in for a tidy not a reshape why am I getting charged more?

I'd just rather not have the hassle lol! x

Emma, perhaps when you next put your prices up, IF you think you can, put the price of your brows up to reflect the skill - even though you don't think you ARE using any skill!! There is not much skill in an under arm wax and removing it is normally (but not always) straightforward and easy. There is more hair I agree but its not difficult to do.

Pinkbunny has made a valid point, if you have two prices clients will do exactly as she has suggested. So I agree with her its not worth the hassle.

If you don't agree with anything I have said that's ok :) I'm just sharing with you.

Jacqui xx

Hi All,
I know we all charge different prices depending on areas, salon based, mobile etc but please can you take a few moments to tell me what you charge for the following as I am thinking of re-viewing the prices on my next leaflet update, I currently charge;

eyebrow wax - £4.50
eyebrow thread - £3.50
eyebrow tint - £5
eyelash tint - £7
lash & brow tint - £11
upperlip wax - £3.50
upperlip thread - £2.50
chin wax - £4
chin thread - £2.50
underarm wax - £6

I could go on forever but the above prices are the ones I am most interested in changing (especially the threading).

Thank you in advance for taking time to share your prices x:hug:x

You need to do a costing sheet regardless of where you are and whether you are mobile, salon or home based otherwise you've no idea how much profit you are making. No profit will lead to no business, base your prices on this not on your competition. I put some of my prices up 20% and dropped other treatments completely after doing this. Within half mile there are at least 8 other salons (excluding mobile and home based), I am one of the dearest, def the busiest and we do on average 350 brow waxes a month.

A costing sheet which shows cost to profit ratio is essential if you want to survive. It takes time but is worth it. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back