Your shampoo or client's (mobile)??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hi folks just wanted to know what all you mobile stylists use on clients hair shampoo wise?? I'm fed up turning up to people's houses and finding tresseme, herbal essences and bloomin pantene! But not sure if it's worth me using my own for them to go on and keep using theirs but on the other hand I feel like I'm insulting myself by using theirs :-/ xx

Hi folks just wanted to know what all you mobile stylists use on clients hair shampoo wise?? I'm fed up turning up to people's houses and finding tresseme, herbal essences and bloomin pantene! But not sure if it's worth me using my own for them to go on and keep using theirs but on the other hand I feel like I'm insulting myself by using theirs :-/ xx

If it is for just a cut they can use theirs but for perming/colouring I use mine.

I'm not a hairdresser but have used a mobile stylist and I sort of expected her to bring her own (as I would in a salon). She actually does my friend too and she started asking to use the clients and we felt it was a bit cheap. Maybe give the client the option as some prefer their own brands but I like to feel as if it's a salon treatment just mobile (she sweeps the hair too)

I'm not a hairdresser but have used a mobile stylist and I sort of expected her to bring her own (as I would in a salon). She actually does my friend too and she started asking to use the clients and we felt it was a bit cheap. Maybe give the client the option as some prefer their own brands but I like to feel as if it's a salon treatment just mobile (she sweeps the hair too)

Yeh I always sweep up and would rather use my own shampoo reasons being as you say it feels a bit cheap and nasty and also hate using these sort of shampoo & conditioner when I know they are no good :o thanks for your opinions guys xx

I supply my own, but when it's just a cut they've usually already washed it, these days only 1 in 10 don't have colour!

I take my own but as everyones said, the client chooses but its nice for them to have a choice :)

The main reason i take my own is that, using their shampoo, it doubles the time im there as im combing their hair for god knows how long after theyve used something awful like head and shoulders 2 in 1.

Ive only been using basic colour shampoo as the only chance i tend to get them to use my shampoo is after a colour, most get scrubbing before ive knocked on the door!

Im going to look into the kitoko shampoos and conditioners this year as theyre really nice but affordable, so i can give retailing a go too! :)

I supply my own, but when it's just a cut they've usually already washed it, these days only 1 in 10 don't have colour!

Yeh u find that quite often for a cut too seen myself having to do it again before as it felt like one woman washed hers in chip fat!! Not pretty :( x

I take my own but as everyones said, the client chooses but its nice for them to have a choice :)

The main reason i take my own is that, using their shampoo, it doubles the time im there as im combing their hair for god knows how long after theyve used something awful like head and shoulders 2 in 1.

Ive only been using basic colour shampoo as the only chance i tend to get them to use my shampoo is after a colour, most get scrubbing before ive knocked on the door!

Im going to look into the kitoko shampoos and conditioners this year as theyre really nice but affordable, so i can give retailing a go too! :)

Yes perry I'd like to try retail eventually too :) maybe in a few months time though as I'm still sort of new to mobile well 4 months in :)

Yes perry I'd like to try retail eventually too :) maybe in a few months time though as I'm still sort of new to mobile well 4 months in :)

Im 4 months in too! :)
I have done it before in between my last two salons but i dont really count that as i wasnt qualified and i only did friends and family

I always take my own but as previous posters, most have washed their hair before I get there - which is after all a bonus to us as it saves time(despite manky smell of herbal essences)? always use my own after a colour though.
I do find though that some clients don't rinse conditioner well and it sort of conjeals (sp?) around the base of your fingers and your comb is all gungy - blurggghhh!:irked:

Im 4 months in too! :)
I have done it before in between my last two salons but i dont really count that as i wasnt qualified and i only did friends and family

Same I done it before but friends and family unqualified!! :) so do you prefer mobile or salon?? Xx

I am mobile and take my own l'oreal serie expert shampoo and conditioner - I know their hair will look tip top then ...

Got to say that's the one thing I miss about being in a salon .... Shampooing my clients hair properly!

Clients think their doing me a favour by washing their own hair, which is a great help most of the time but the hair never feels "lovely"

Got to say that's the one thing I miss about being in a salon .... Shampooing my clients hair properly!

Clients think their doing me a favour by washing their own hair, which is a great help most of the time but the hair never feels "lovely"

Yeh true Hun, miss having the convience of the backwash x

How do you carry all of your equipment with the added weight of shampoo and conditioner?

Same I done it before but friends and family unqualified!! :) so do you prefer mobile or salon?? Xx

mobile, without a doubt...i like being my own person and waking up when i want to or working until midnight if i needed to, the only think i really miss, is washing hair with s basin, which is why i'd like to have a salon in my house one day, but to be honest, if the money is that much better, the work is going to be that much harder!

i used to miss working with stylists...until i found salon geek ;)

do you prefer mobile then?

mobile, without a doubt...i like being my own person and waking up when i want to or working until midnight if i needed to, the only think i really miss, is washing hair with s basin, which is why i'd like to have a salon in my house one day, but to be honest, if the money is that much better, the work is going to be that much harder!

i used to miss working with stylists...until i found salon geek ;)

do you prefer mobile then?

Yep exactly the same thoughts on it!! And I also missed having other stylists until I got on here :D x

Any clients I do just a cut or cut & blow dry for (Perms & colours are a different story) wash their own hair before I get there. I've had the same clients, give or take a hand full, for over 25 years. Nobody has ever questioned it.

I don't think my back would have lasted this long if I washed them all....

Any clients I do just a cut or cut & blow dry for (Perms & colours are a different story) wash their own hair before I get there. I've had the same clients, give or take a hand full, for over 25 years. Nobody has ever questioned it.

I don't think my back would have lasted this long if I washed them all....

I stopped washing clients hair over the bath for exactly for that reason, and now I can't cos I have a herniated disc, but I did buy a comfy wash so I can wash ther hair over the kitchen sink. Some clients prefer to wash their own hair even after a colour, and they are quite capable so I give them my products, with strick instructions on how much to use.

I stopped washing clients hair over the bath for exactly for that reason, and now I can't cos I have a herniated disc, but I did buy a comfy wash so I can wash ther hair over the kitchen sink. Some clients prefer to wash their own hair even after a colour, and they are quite capable so I give them my products, with strick instructions on how much to use.

yeah i learnt the hard way after a couple of clients, my aunt included, used near on half a bottle of shampoo and conditioner...its not just common sense and knowledge some clients lack, its respect of someones belongings, id never dream of using handfulls of someones professional products just because u can...so rude.

so now i tell them loud and clear, 'if it doesnt lather, DON'T pour the bottle on your head!!!'

Latest posts

Back