Couch height

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Just wondering how high any of you have your couch so that you're working at an ergonomic height?

I know mine is too low (especially now i've broken my bum), so I'm going to raise it when I get back to the salon, but I don't want it so high that the clients can't get on it!

Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

:hug:Could you not get a little step so that if it is too high for your customers, then they have that bit of help to get on it. Personally i think it matters more that you are working at the right height, there is nothing worse than having to stand huddled over because the couch is too low, its bad posture and can affect you later in life!Our backs take a lot of stick so we should do everything we can to help prevent damage! better to be safer than sorry i say! hth x x
p.s hope your bum gets better soon! lol x:hug:

I have it on good authority and have adjusted my couch accordingly, that you should be able to stand at the side of your couch with your arm down by your side and your closed fist should rest just on top of the bed.

Hope this helps.

Sophia x

I have mine at different heights depending on what therapy I'm doing. For waxing I have it high so I don't have to stoop down. I have a small step so clients don't have to high jump on to the couch.:)

Just wondering how high any of you have your couch so that you're working at an ergonomic height?

I know mine is too low (especially now i've broken my bum), so I'm going to raise it when I get back to the salon, but I don't want it so high that the clients can't get on it!

Xx
Posted via Mobile Device
Someone once gave me this tip. Stand with your 'best' posture and arms by your side with hands losely clenched. Get someone to measure the distance between the floor and your knuckles and this should be approximately the right height for your couch. Really works for me!

Thanks guys :) i'll make the adjustments when I get back to the salon on Thursday. I thought it might have to be about hip height, but maybe that's too high?

Thanks again. Xx
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back