£12 extension and polish how?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kankan

Reaction score
Just been told there is a 'tech' in my area offering gellux tips and polish (assuming gellux polish) for £12! Am I being mad in thinking there is no way she can possibly making anything? I charge £30 for a set of extensions, (don't use gellux though) please tell me I'm not overcharging? After product costs and time not to mention travel I thought it was fair, plus fairly average for my area!

Seems crazy that people can charge that little however....... I wouldn't start questioning your prices or your service because of it.

My best advise is for you to continue to think she is crazy but let her get on with it, focus all your energy on your business and services making sure that your clients are getting the best of you.

There will always be a market for people who want their nails for a couple of quid and that's not the client base you want. Xxx

I have also found that there are people offering cheap services like this because they are using unrecognised products, they also haven't had training, they have just seen a YouTube video and think they can start offering services.
I agree that you should just continue to think of it as mad :) xx

I've posted on a similar thread, you need to keep one eye on what your competition are doing but this person isn't your competition. Like previously stated, she is probably not qualified or even trained and is maybe using poor products.
It's flippant to say don't worry about it as it clearly has worried you but you need to try and keep it in the right perspective. I hope she isn't taking business away from you. :hug:

Hi,I only qualified as a nail tech a month ago and up until Christmas I was only charging £10 for all treatments. I use Gelish and although I wasn't earning any money out of it, infact I think it was costing me quite a lot. I was gaining some experience which is what I was looking for. I have now put my prices up and have been overwhelmed with the amount of people who are coming back for their infills and recommending me to their friends and family. Maybe the tech doing them for £12 is just doing the same? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,I only qualified as a nail tech a month ago and up until Christmas I was only charging £10 for all treatments. I use Gelish and although I wasn't earning any money out of it, infact I think it was costing me quite a lot. I was gaining some experience which is what I was looking for. I have now put my prices up and have been overwhelmed with the amount of people who are coming back for their infills and recommending me to their friends and family. Maybe the tech doing them for £12 is just doing the same? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I done the same when I was starting out, great way to get much needed experience even if it turns out to be expensive lol.

I think that's another reason I would say that we should be focusing on our own businesses rather than second guessing our prices/services because......... Like you said this nail tech might be trying to get her experience and confidence up, but then she might not be, then there's clients out there who will only pay for their nails to be done if it's "cheap" and if that's the case they are not the client base I would like.

That's great you've put your prices up. Xxx

Thankyou all, made me feel better!! Was desperately hoping this wasn't normal as started to think I would earn nothing if it is! The person who told me about it asked if I would do hers for same price, have said no due to product costs etc and time. I want customers who respect what I do, I am newly qualified but I think I do a good job (have been told so too sonny just being big headed!!) and take my time so think it's worth the money. Again thanks for replies, can always rely in salon geek to make me feel better lol

Thankyou all, made me feel better!! Was desperately hoping this wasn't normal as started to think I would earn nothing if it is! The person who told me about it asked if I would do hers for same price, have said no due to product costs etc and time. I want customers who respect what I do, I am newly qualified but I think I do a good job (have been told so too sonny just being big headed!!) and take my time so think it's worth the money. Again thanks for replies, can always rely in salon geek to make me feel better lol

Many clients will tell you stuff like this simply to get a bargain! Not saying there isn't any truth in it but you've done the right thing. Very similar situations in hairdressing when certain places are charging £3/4 for a cut! I love my job and would never degrade my skills to this price.

Facebook is full of these offers which tend to be from quite young girls who may have done a course and probably only need pocket money and don't get how much they are undervaluing themselves and the trade. I can't tar everyone the same but I do find when I take a look on their page it doesn't take much to realise it's pretty amateur with very sloppy finishes

there's a salon nearby to me which offers treatments at ridiculous prices & is always apparently busy but I still can't see how they'd make a profit?! It is annoying but I'm tryin to focus on how to make my salon the best it can be rather on worrying about them - trust me it will end in sleepless nights if u let it get to u too much x

there's a salon nearby to me which offers treatments at ridiculous prices & is always apparently busy but I still can't see how they'd make a profit?! It is annoying but I'm tryin to focus on how to make my salon the best it can be rather on worrying about them - trust me it will end in sleepless nights if u let it get to u too much x

... To be honest 'busy fools' springs to mind .... I'd rather do half the hours with the same profit ... I work to live not live to work ... (but at the same time it's work that is something I enjoy doing) ... I don't want to work 24/7 either ... It's called work-life balance ... <3

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

My cousin has just gone into partnership in a salon and they put their prices in fb recently and I had to send her a on saying is she crazy and to stick 10 quid on all get prices or she is working her fingers to the bone. She responded by saying how busy they were and she exhausted every night coming home. If rather do 2 or 3 less clients a day then feel that way every day

Latest posts

Back