1&1 website help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littled21

Reaction score
So I've been wanting to get a web designer to help me make my website look professional and I got quoted £995!!! Too steep he then came bk and said I'd do it for £300!! With a company called 1&1 he would set evertthing up and email me with all my passwords and info I've seen on hear a couple of girls have used it and managed to build their own website if he's going to be useing 1&1 and u can do this urself I can only think I am getting robbed?!?!?i dnt have a clue websites can sumone help!!

Hi, I currently dont have my own webite (goning mobile soon so will have one then :lol:) but my hubby has set up his own website using yolo.com and its free just take a bit of time and do it urself saves u £300 its free for 12 months but then only £10 a year after that just so u can keep ur domain name. hope this helps :) xxx

Thanks Stephanie I'll have a look at that now :) xx

I'm building my site with 1and1, you get three months free and it is ten pounds a month after that so your first year will cost you £90.00, it is simple and easy to use.

If you've got the time to do it yourself then fine. If not pay someone to set it up and then you can maintain it and make relevant changes when needed quite easily with 1and1

I used to try and do everything myself to save money but time is money

Hi,
Getting someone to initially set it up may be a good idea. You will get a professional look. However, you should then get it handed over to you to maintain yourself.

I used my time when I was snowed in to build my website. I did it through Weebly, and bought my own domain name. It was fairly straightforward and I'm very pleased with the result. I can pop in and see how many people have visited, and where they came from - Salon Geek, Google etc. I have had several booking requests from it, and have complete control. I use Go Daddy for my emails and web hosting - I had no idea what these things meant, but Go Daddy were fab at helping! You may find that you could pay someone a lot of money and don't end up liking what they have done. Lots of people on here have done it themselves with great results. Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Latest posts

Back