1st Christmas as a nail tech did not go to plan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum- but it's related to nails and my disappointment of not being able to do them. I was really looking forward to my first Christmas as a nail tech, I had built up a decent size client base over the year and had got loads of bookings for the festive season with lots wanting the nail art, and was really looking forward to it-but it was not to be. Unfortunately I was admitted to hospital on the 6th December, and on Friday 13th (I know) was diagnosed with lymphoma after a large mass was found in my chest. I'm having to have 6 months of chemo every 3 weeks. I only came out of hospital on Monday- a week after my first chemotherapy. so I was lucky to spend Christmas at home with my family. I had to cancel all my clients- gutted! I hope to get back to nails once I'm feeling strong, and I will have festive nail art on my nails- even if it is mid January. I have been logging onto to salon geek to see everyone's Christmas nails, and will probably be posting a lot more on here over the coming weeks/months.

Oh no! So sorry to read this- what an awful time you have had! Thinking of you and here's to you getting back in your feet next year! And you WILL get back to doing what you love very soon! xxx

So sorry to hear. Hope you are back up and running in no time xxx

So sorry to read this. Admire your attitude, I'm sure it will carry you through x

I am so sorry to hear you have had such a disappointing first Christmas, your attitude is amazing though, so strong and determined. I hope u have a speedy recovery and up to doing nails soon, wishing u all the best for the new year xxxx

So sorry to hear this but you sound like a strong lady and have a great positive attitude, you'll be well and doing lots of lovely nails very soon I'm sure! Please keep us posted how your getting on xx

Hayley :)

Sorry for you it must be so surreal at the moment it puts other moans and groans into perspective. Hugs xxx

Sending hugs to you Hun. Hope your treatment goes well. Stay strong :) xxx

So sorry to hear this, stay strong and hope your treatment goes well, big hugs xx

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to here this. Make sure you rest and dont try jumping in too soon give yourself time to recover and try not too stress hun ♥

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am so sorry to hear thinking of u

So sorry to hear that x.

Concentrate on your health. You need to think about YOU. You're number one, get yourself better and don't push yourself. Sod the clients. YOu only get one chance in life, make it healthy and happy. Lots of rest. :hug:

So sorry to read this - good luck for the next few months ahead - keep that positive attitude!! lots of love xxxx

Sorry to hear your news. My friend has just been given the all clear on lymphoma and she got through it with tons of positive thinking and eating the best diet possible! She rested loads and did a blog throughout! I hope that that inspires you and best of luck xx

Thanks ladies for all your lovely comments and encouragement. Nat Nat, if you have details of her blog could you pm me them, I'd be interested to read her blog.

Of course just sent it across xx

Latest posts

Back