2 self employed nails techs, different prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiebellewax

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We have 2 nails desks rented out to self employed nail techs, both completely independent, own business names, hours, advertising etc etc. Originally we had two nail techs whos prices were both pretty much identical, now one has recently left and we have one origional nail tech and one new one. The new one's prices are the same for gel fingers and acrylic, but she is £5 cheaper than the other tech on gel toes. Im sensing that the origional tech is going to have a moan about it when the new one brings her price lists in next week. Opinions and advice would be great thanks.
Just to add i dont mind them having a different pricing structure.

This is tricky. I'm a renter.

I moved to Edinburgh in October so I'm the newest member in the salon. We're all self employed. We're not allowed to undercut each other. We can charge more if we want, run our own special offers and offer student discount.

If I was your other nail tech and you bought in someone cheaper than me I'd look for a new place to rent and leave. Why would any walk ins book with me?

If you don't mind the original nail tech leaving then you don't need to worry too much about what she thinks.

Such is life. Clients come to me regardless of prices. I would not lower my prices to suit another self employed tech.

Not really much you can do as they will set their own prices. I wouldn't base my buying decision on price necessarily either, depends what I'm buying, things like nails, hair etc I'm looking for someone who is experienced and professional, if I'm happy with their work then price for me isn't a factor.

What about the actual treatment? Does the original therapist provide more of a service, or is it exactly the same procedure for both? (Ie, doing a massage/foot file/exfoliation, etc)

Latest posts

Back