3 brands of polish in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHarryWinston

Reaction score
So I've been thinking a lot lately about what I might like to do with nails. What school to do, in home or mobile, etc etc. I am a fan of clean streamlined systems. But had a question. I love gel polish and will definitely be a Gelish girl. Vinylux looks amazing so I'm very excited to try it out on myself. But I also love love LOVE Zoya!

So here is where I get a bit confused. You've got Gelish for the super long lasting. Vinylux for the mid long lasting regular polish. Would it be weird to offer Zoya as well?? I wouldn't want to confuse people with too many options...

Maybe regular manis include Zoya.
For something a little stronger for those that are hard on there nails they can upgrade to Vinylux.
And for a flawless 2 week finish go Gelish?

I feel like if one wants to offer their clients only the best it should just be a gel polish and Vinylux, but the the Zoya colours are all just so gorgeous I can't help but drool over them.
(Also no salon in my whole city offers Vinylux so that instantly bumps me up :D)

*i also don't want a HUGE collection of regular polish because I would rather a huge selection of Gelish. The regular polish is for the holdouts and toes.

I have only done 2 manicures with nail polish in the last 6 months; i was considering selling them all and buying more shellac but I use them a lot for stamping decals so I'm going to keep them
Sometimes it's unpredictable as to what people may want but if you offer vinylux I would just stay with that and gelish x

So I've been thinking a lot lately about what I might like to do with nails. What school to do, in home or mobile, etc etc. I am a fan of clean streamlined systems. But had a question. I love gel polish and will definitely be a Gelish girl. Vinylux looks amazing so I'm very excited to try it out on myself. But I also love love LOVE Zoya!

So here is where I get a bit confused. You've got Gelish for the super long lasting. Vinylux for the mid long lasting regular polish. Would it be weird to offer Zoya as well?? I wouldn't want to confuse people with too many options...

Maybe regular manis include Zoya.
For something a little stronger for those that are hard on there nails they can upgrade to Vinylux.
And for a flawless 2 week finish go Gelish?

I feel like if one wants to offer their clients only the best it should just be a gel polish and Vinylux, but the the Zoya colours are all just so gorgeous I can't help but drool over them.
(Also no salon in my whole city offers Vinylux so that instantly bumps me up :D)

*i also don't want a HUGE collection of regular polish because I would rather a huge selection of Gelish. The regular polish is for the holdouts and toes.

In my opinion vinylux is fab on natural nails as it lasts at least 7 days. I used to charge a bit extra for vinylux but now I offer it alongside my ordinary polishes. Although I will recommend it more to clients that really want an extra few days wear.

Zoya polishes would still last a long time over l & p or gel extensions if you offer those (As well as vinylux)

Gelish for the clients that want a longer lasting manicure with added strength.

Did you know all that jazz are bringing out polishes to match lots of the gelish colours? That way you can offer matching polish toes to a gelish manicure.
Sam xx

In my opinion vinylux is fab on natural nails as it lasts at least 7 days. I used to charge a bit extra for vinylux but now I offer it alongside my ordinary polishes. Although I will recommend it more to clients that really want an extra few days wear.

Zoya polishes would still last a long time over l & p or gel extensions if you offer those (As well as vinylux)

Gelish for the clients that want a longer lasting manicure with added strength.

Did you know all that jazz are bringing out polishes to match lots of the gelish colours? That way you can offer matching polish toes to a gelish manicure.
Sam xx

As I'm in Canada I don't even know where I would find All That Jazz, SG is the only place I've ever heard of it. It's great they are getting matching colours to Gelish though.

My logical mind says, "just do vinylux in a few red shades, a few pink shades, with somes blues purples and metallics mixed in.(Oh that includes French manicure colours.), but NO more than 25 regular polishes." But my magpie brain says "But Zoya, so pretty, so sparkly, gimme gimme gimme!"

Of course only 1 regular manicure in 6 months makes me think that 25 vinylux colours may be waaaaaay too many!

As I'm in Canada I don't even know where I would find All That Jazz, SG is the only place I've ever heard of it. It's great they are getting matching colours to Gelish though.

My logical mind says, "just do vinylux in a few red shades, a few pink shades, with somes blues purples and metallics mixed in.(Oh that includes French manicure colours.), but NO more than 25 regular polishes." But my magpie brain says "But Zoya, so pretty, so sparkly, gimme gimme gimme!"

Of course only 1 regular manicure in 6 months makes me think that 25 vinylux colours may be waaaaaay too many!

Zoya polishes are so pretty! So I agree with you there ;)

Search 'all that jazz canada ' on Facebook if you have it
They have a competition running at the moment too.

I couldn't just choose 1 brand. I tried to at the start but there were too many neon, holographic and sparkly polishes that I needed to buy! Lol
Xx

Zoya polishes are so pretty! So I agree with you there ;)

Search 'all that jazz canada ' on Facebook if you have it
They have a competition running at the moment too.

I couldn't just choose 1 brand. I tried to at the start but there were too many neon, holographic and sparkly polishes that I needed to buy! Lol
Xx

Oh god I know! It's like how do you CHOOSE!? But like I said I also like things streamlined and tidy, it makes me feel zen, which is why I want to keep the brands to a minimum.

I'm also trying to remember that it doesn't help to buy colors just because they're pretty and I want them. I also have to think, will anybody USE them. And If I spend $300 on regular polish will i make that money back in regular polish mani/pedis? I have no clients yet to judge with as I'm still at the very beginning of all this.
I'm just trying to think ahead because I also have a wedding to budget for. Otherwise I would just buy everything of EVERYTHING!

Oh god I know! It's like how do you CHOOSE!? But like I said I also like things streamlined and tidy, it makes me feel zen, which is why I want to keep the brands to a minimum.

I'm also trying to remember that it doesn't help to buy colors just because they're pretty and I want them. I also have to think, will anybody USE them. And If I spend $300 on regular polish will i make that money back in regular polish mani/pedis? I have no clients yet to judge with as I'm still at the very beginning of all this.
I'm just trying to think ahead because I also have a wedding to budget for. Otherwise I would just buy everything of EVERYTHING!

By saying why don't you get megamix and turn all your normal polishes into gel polish

I use shellac for longer lasting colour and opi polishes for manis. I have only had one client wanting opi! In my experience I would have bought more shellac colours and less opi!

I use shellac for longer lasting colour and opi polishes for manis. I have only had one client wanting opi! In my experience I would have bought more shellac colours and less opi!

Well I guess I'll just have to curb my urges then! Id hate to have all those polishes just SITTING there. Staring at me and being pretty but useless. Always knowing that I could have spent that money on new shoes instead...

Latest posts

Back