3D Nail Art Seashells - Where to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouboutinLover

Reaction score
Hi there,

One of my ladies has asked me to do the following design on her which she found on Instagram. However I'm struggling to find the Gold 3D Seashells shown in the picture.

I was wondering if anyone might know where I could find some of these - preferably in the UK as I need them by Sunday?

Many thanks -)

Attachments

• Aloha Nails.jpg
    Aloha Nails.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 4,361
I haven't seen any around but the first places I would look are Accessorize, Claire's Accessories etc that may have cheap charm bracelets/necklaces/earrings and such likes that I could break apart and use :) Have you tried ebay? Or craft shops, they often have embellishments for card making?

xx

Those are probably done with a 3d acrylic nail Mold, I have a few which I got last week and one has seashells and star fish, which is why I bought them, as doing the seashell was really hard on the more complicated shells when I tried as I normally do all my 3d work by hand.

If you do 3d work, then doing that shape is quite easy and then paint with gold nail polish on a paint brush so not to flood it.

Last edited:
I just did these for you to see... Not perfect as was rushing but you get the drift.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 428
Hun if you want I can make you a few and pop in an envelope?

Thank you so much ladies for taking the time too reply!

Maz that is very kind of you, but I couldn't ask you to do that :) I have no experience in acrylic moulds but I would be interested in finding out a little more for the future. Where do u buy the moulds? - Or do u require training in it first? I love your little seashells they are fab!

Verde Purdy that's amazing thank you so much for finding those! What was the other site you found them on? I've literally looked everywhere I can think of, websites, eBay, craftshops - nothing.
Maybe I'll order from Japan and keep my fingers crossed for a super fast delivery!!! Lol :)

Hun to do to shells will cost me next to nothing just the cost of a stamp :)

If you want I'm seriously happy to do them for you, just pm me your addy

Ive had training in acrylic l&p using the molds isn't hard, but getting the ratio right on the l&p is if you've had no training, if the ratios wrong then they won't be as good.

The molds I got I get via one seller on eBay as know I've always received their stuff.

Thank you so much ladies for taking the time too reply!

Maz that is very kind of you, but I couldn't ask you to do that :) I have no experience in acrylic moulds but I would be interested in finding out a little more for the future. Where do u buy the moulds? - Or do u require training in it first? I love your little seashells they are fab!

Verde Purdy that's amazing thank you so much for finding those! What was the other site you found them on? I've literally looked everywhere I can think of, websites, eBay, craftshops - nothing.
Maybe I'll order from Japan and keep my fingers crossed for a super fast delivery!!! Lol :)

Thank you Maz that's very kind of you :)
I'll have another mooch and see if I can find some ready made but if not I will definitely PM you if that's ok - but I insist on paying you for them!

I'll definitely look into that as I am trained in L+P and I think it will be helpful in the future.

Madness though - I can find unicorns and seahorses but no bloomin shells!!! Lol :-/

Thank you Maz that's very kind of you :)
I'll have another mooch and see if I can find some ready made but if not I will definitely PM you if that's ok - but I insist on paying you for them!

I'll definitely look into that as I am trained in L+P and I think it will be helpful in the future.

Madness though - I can find unicorns and seahorses but no bloomin shells!!! Lol :-/

Not a prob hun im happy to send them and if you want any help or links etc let me know

we sell crushed shell but no longer have a huge range as it is just not as popular anymore :-(

Latest posts

Back