5 days a week, mainly massage, very tired

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupcake34

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is in the right topic but anyway, I'm 19 years old and been at my local hotel/spa for 12 months almost. There is myself who is full time, a girl who is part time and my boss who is doing more shifts now,in the past 3 months I've been made full time so 40 hours a week, this isn't a problem at all however the majority of my days are extremely busy and it's mainly massage, whereas other days are the opposite being very quiet.
What I basically wanted to ask, is it normal to feel so tired all the time? I get 8 hours sleep a night but I feel exhausted at work, but still put 100% into my treatments as I feel I wouldn't do the client justice otherwise. I love what I do and my job and I plan to have my own business in the future, but sometimes I'm waking up in the morning and thinking oh god not another day of this again, and I never used to think these things at all! Perhaps it's just a phase, does anyone else have these problems? :( my shifts aren't even that bad either 10-6 or 11-7, I just want to get out of this mind set!
Just wondered if anyone else feels the same in their salon/spa? Sorry for the long post x

I don't think you should really do more than 3 massage sessions per day hon. It will take it out of you! No wonder yr shattered. Tough one how yr gonna change things. Good luck x

I have been in the exact same position that you are in. Unfortunately hotels and spas are mainly massage and facial based treatments. I was at a spa for 18 months and used to work 11-8 shifts 5 days a week and mostly 6 days as I didn't want to let my manager down as were always short staffed. I also travelled an hour to and from work each day doing pure massage and facials. So you can imagine how tired I was. I was the same like you waking up tired everyday and it finally took its toll. After sometime I spoke with my manager about how I felt as I didn't seem to have time for myself. We came to a conclusion that I would do 3 days a week where I would be doing treatments and the other 2 days would be reception work. This was the best thing I had done as my manager said she was glad I spoke with her than me just leave for another job as I am a reliable therapist and the company had such a high turn over of staff due to the hard work. Speaking with her made my job much more enjoyable and also was given more responsibility within the spa.

My advice for you would be to speak with your manager about how you feel and if there's any way you can work around it so you don't have to as many massage treatments.

Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back