/71 or /73?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachez7888

Reaction score
Hi all I'm doing a balyage on Monday she's a natural base 5-6 going to use a 5 on roots and bleach the ends. She wants it a caramel colour on the ends was going to tone with colour touch 8/73 but now not sure if this is going to be too gold? Was gpjng to use with 1.9%?

I'm sure it will be fine just over thinking as she's a new client X

I would do a mix of 8/71 and 8/73. You could do 2 parts 8/71 and 1 part 8/73

Thank u, would that give me this colour? The 8/71 looked a bit wishy washy?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457195182.945648.jpg

Probably best to try it for yourself. If you lift to an 8, is it a warm 8? Or closer to a 9? It's totally up to you what tone you choose. 8/73 is beautiful but it is warm and I've never found 8/71 to be wishy washy. It will look flat if you've lifted lighter than an 8. This Colour above is more a 5, going into a 7 in the midtone with an 8 on some of the ends

Many thanks il take
Your advice and use 2 parts 8/71
And 1 part 8/73 many thanks hope it turns out ok x

Like I said, test strand it first. If the hair is lighter than an 8 the /71 will grab so watch it.

Will do that, great advice really appreciate it, I always doubt myself and find this site brilliant for reassuring x

Thank u for your advice sugar plum! It only lifted to a orangy brown colour with 30vol and ends were very thin and week, I put 8/71 on as a toner and knocked some of the orange out- was ok but think it needs re bleaching Iv advised her to wait a good few months!

Just another question please if you don't mind,
Does 8/73 break up highlights nicely? Iv never used the colour before so very keen to try it!
Same for 8/71 to break up blonde?

Many thanks x

I use both a lot to be honest. A lot, such versatile tones. You can see on my Instagram @thelittlehairkitchen. I do use them a lot and I always put up my formulas.

Sounds like you lifted to a level 7 or even a 6. 7/89 is also quite nice too, and I also use the Instamatics in that instance as well for counteracting rather than going darker.

Did you lighten in foil? And what bleach did you use?

I don't have an insta gram but think il set up one just to follow your work! I would say it was between a 6/7 I ise swarvkop bleach and 30vol and yep wrapped in foil I think she had a build upon the ends but told me she had only put a semi on in October [emoji53]next client is getting grilled! Xx

Haha don't you just hate that!? I always let my client know it takes time - usually three to get the blonde they like

I don't have an insta gram but think il set up one just to follow your work! I would say it was between a 6/7 I ise swarvkop bleach and 30vol and yep wrapped in foil I think she had a build upon the ends but told me she had only put a semi on in October [emoji53]next client is getting grilled! Xx

This made me lol......
I think you get to the point when you think all clients are huuuuuuge fibbers and just go "yeah yeah... I'll add 6 colours onto what you have actually told me! "

Can I ask @sugerplumbfaery do you just use wella? X

Mainly Wella. My full head bleaches I tend to use Redken shades EQ. I dabble.a little obsessed with Colour!!

Haha me too! But since I'm now self employed I want one colour house .... I have like 4!

Latest posts

Back