A bit of a weird one

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiepromises

Reaction score
Is it acceptable to have bare feet in a clients house? Me and the husband are having a heated debate!
Personally I take my shoes off at a clients house, I never wear socks. In my defence I believe my toes to be a walking ( intended) advertisement for my business.
Tell me geeks, what do you do?
I'm just starting to think some people may not think the same as me, and would find someone in there house with bare feet strange! 😱

Well I'm not a foot person, I hate them with a passion! If anyone walks around in my house with bare feet (whether they live there or not) they're getting kicked out! Ugh, just the thought of feet makes me feel sick :/
For that reason I'd always wear shoes in a clients house, or if they really wanted me to take them off I'd make sure to wear socks or tights just to cover them. But then again my fear of feet is a little on the strange side :)

I would rather bare feet than someone's filthy shoes on my carpet!! I wouldn't find it weird. I am mobile & always take my shoes off at a clients house! X

Well I'm not a foot person, I hate them with a passion! If anyone walks around in my house with bare feet (whether they live there or not) they're getting kicked out! Ugh, just the thought of feet makes me feel sick :/

For that reason I'd always wear shoes in a clients house, or if they really wanted me to take them off I'd make sure to wear socks or tights just to cover them. But then again my fear of feet is a little on the strange side :)

Do you do pedicures??? 😉

i always take my shoes off, if the client then says oh don't worry we wear shoes in the house then I would keep them on �� and as you rightly say pinkie promises it's another way for you to advertise your business, win win!

I always leave mine on. I've never really given it much thought but when you're lugging all your kit in the last thing I think to do is take my shoes off. I'm generally led to the kitchen anyway.....plus some people have really dirty floors! It makes me feel positively tidy lol

Do you do pedicures??? 😉

Only in the summer and I only do one a week. I don't massage feet or do much of the nice stuff and I wear gloves and wash my hands straight after with almost boiling water. I don't advertise pedicures, I only do them if someone I really like asks. I'm working on my fear haha

I wouldn't want anyone outside my family to walk around barefoot in my house, no. What if they had a verrucca or athletes foot :Scared:

Likewise I wouldn't do it in someone else's house because I wouldn't know just how clean their floors are!

Flip flops - fit neatly in your bag without taking up too much space - no need to be bare foot in people's houses - still shows off your toes advertising your work 😉

Yes! Flip flops! I was thinking the same thing. I think it's because the majority of my clients have carpets, I don't like people wearing shoes on carpets, but there was one house I just had to, it was awful! If I had a verruca or similar then I would wear socks or something of course. It seems we are split so far...

What about little slip on slippers you can put in your bag? X

I've often wondered this aswell! I'm from hair but I also do spray tanning, makeup, eyelashes and gel nails (just starting) so can't be bare foot doing hair and as I stand for all my work I would feel strange in no shoes .. But I often wonder if a client is annoyed about it as I rarely even ask now, due to always wearing leggings and ballet shoes so bare feet lol!x

I've often wondered this aswell! I'm from hair but I also do spray tanning, makeup, eyelashes and gel nails (just starting) so can't be bare foot doing hair and as I stand for all my work I would feel strange in no shoes .. But I often wonder if a client is annoyed about it as I rarely even ask now, due to always wearing leggings and ballet shoes so bare feet lol!x

I think it's slightly different if your cutting hair, your probably led into the kitchen anyway, also could you imagine the amount of hair splinters you would have if you were barefoot all day!! 😣😣

There is no way I would walk around on someone else's floor bare foot for two reasons, one being hygiene and the other not feeling that my feet were protected.

I think it's slightly different if your cutting hair, your probably led into the kitchen anyway, also could you imagine the amount of hair splinters you would have if you were barefoot all day!! 😣😣

I know, well that's why I don't as they feel like glass in the foot 🙉! I do feel awkward when doing a colour and going upstairs to wash it off and I have my shoes on but 1. They've not asked me to remove them 2. I wouldn't feel comfortable unless I was in socks or tights 3. I always check my shoes before I enter a house x

Is there not a health and safety clause where "appropriate footwear must be worn?" I personally don't have a problem, just wondering if it would have implications on insurance etc.

Nope sorry. Would not want a stranger bare foot in my house. And would never be bare foot in someone else's house.
I'm a Nail Tech and do pedicures and the thought of strangers naked feet in my carpets makes me feel queasy.
I'd just carry a pair of trainer socks in my purse, take sandles off, put soaks on. Then vice versa when leaving.

Maybe I could get some flip flops done with my logo on? 😉

Latest posts

Back