A bit of advise needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
Ok so im going mobile on the side of my salon job and hoping that it goes well so i can give the salon up even if it takes a couple of years to build it. Just had afew questions for you fellow geeks. I have my qualifications, 4 years experience, insurance and waiting for many deliveries throught today (feels just like xmas :D) and i know i have to register myself as self employed which shall be done this week. Can that be done online? Now do i need to have a name for the business and register it? also where do u get your business cards and pricelists and all that promo jazz at a resonable cost? Thank you xxxx:hug:

Hello
For your business cards etc, you can look at design places near you, or vistaprint online are really good. Register with them and they will send you loads of special offers. Wait for the business cards to be free, so you only pay for the postage.
Hth
Bronni
xxx

o and also do you have a seperate number to give to clients other than your personal number? i dont like the thought of giving my personal number out everywhere? xx

Yes I do, I got a pay as you go sim card free from tesco, and use an old phone, I dont like giving my personal number out.
xxx

ok brilliant. Thank you for your reply. Do many pay and go phones still do the 1000 texts deals etc. Do you text your clients and do you find it helps to get deals and updates to them effectively? Just sighned up to vista print and looks quite good really. Are you mobile yourself? xxx

Yes there are loads that do that, I know orange did a package. You pay about £10 and get loads of texts etc.
Yes I text them, send out speical offer texts too. These really help.
You can also use email, everyone has either/both a mobile or email. So I find its good at getting updates to your clients.
I text my clients a few days before their appointments, so they remember!!!
Plus with some of my clients, I will text them when they are due for their treatment again (eyebrow wax etc) , obviously only with the clients I know well.
Yes I am mobile
xxx

Thank you for your help. Just waiting for my new number to come through so i can get started on business cards and that kind of thing.:hug:

love Haylz xx

Latest posts

Back