"A Board" advertisment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozz1

Reaction score
Hi There

I really need some advice please.

Ive just set up in a hairdressers 2 weeks ago and im getting a feeling that the hairdressers i am renting a room in is an older clientel and not really busy even though its in a good busy area. I am paying a lot to rent this room but if i was busy i could manage the rent.

I have a poster size A2 in the front window listing the treatments i can offer also i have put some clip frames about the salon with offers in.

I have an A board for outside the shop but just trying to think of some eye catching wording for it or should i list beauty treatments on it??

The owner of the salon dosent seem to have his heart in getting younger clientel in and i have a slight concern if he is going to keep the shop on?????!!! Ive put a lot of money into trying to get my small business up & running and at the momment i cant pay out on much more until i feel i can see some interest.
any advice ?:rolleyes:

Hi
We recently downsized to a small salon above a shop. Our A board has been great. We started with a couple of pictures of the salon and a few listed treatments on one side and then maybe you could do a great intro offer on the other. We have had quite alot of people off the street that have seen the board.
We did a back massage and facial offer for £29 (this would normally cost £42).
Although your name is important what you do is what will catch people's eye. Keep colours bold and simple and be brief with wording. don't use words like discount/sale or percentages off. It can look desperate. People know a good deal when they see one you dont need to spell it out.
Good luck
Josie x

Thank you Josie. The pictures is good idea with offer.

I know its extremaly early days for me and i have started to get some regulars now but im i bit disheartend with what im seeing & hearing about the owner. They are in arrears with there rent (a lot!) and dosent have a professional attitude in the shop.

they have lost a lot of custom over the months apparently and clients only want to book appointments when there not in the shop.

Do i just carry on and advertise myself ? just feeling doubtful. The location is great and parking is available but the owner i think will walk or just bring the shops name down even more .

Thanks again for your reply.

Hi lozz
You sound like you are in a difficult position. Can you have a chat with him to see what his long term thoughts are?
When is his lease up?
You need to concentrate on your business and clients will follow you so advertising won't be lost money. But untill you know where you stand be careful how much more money you put into the salon.
Keep you ears open for any other good opportunities
Keep your chin up
Josie xxx

Sorry to hijack but I'm opening my shop soon and I've no idea where to get these A boards from - anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks Josie
It seems to be picking up for me so im going to concentrate on my own set up and as you say once i do have regular clients if i move on they can follow.
x

Sorry to hijack but I'm opening my shop soon and I've no idea where to get these A boards from - anyone have any recommendations?

If you google A boards for your area you will get a listing of different print companys.
Im going for one that is weaterproof but you can change the advert whenever you need to eg for offers etc.

Latest posts

Back