A client has a 'greenie'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
Hi,
One of my clients had pseudomonas (greenie) on their ring finger today.
I just want to double check how you go about getting rid of them. Do you take the whole nail off, wipe it down with a nail cleaner and then can you reapply the nail like usual?

Depends .. but usually it will die with wiping the nail with acetone but the more frustrating part is why she got a greenie in the first place ?
You could buff it and I personally would wait a week but most people these days don't they just apply new product. Look at Nuni Torres !

As above yes you can cleanse etc and reapply BUT throw the file away after use and make sure any metal tools are cleansed properly after :)

How would it affect things like polish and brushes if used?

The above advice is correct however it depends on the severity of the infection. If it's been there some time and covers a large area of the nail then I probably wouldn't reapply product. It's difficult to give specific advice without seeing the nail.

How would it affect things like polish and brushes if used?

I wonder this too? Touch wood I've not seen one as yet.

Also, has anyone got any pics of a 'greeny' in its early stages? Or are they always very noticeable?

I wonder this too? Touch wood I've not seen one as yet.

Also, has anyone got any pics of a 'greeny' in its early stages? Or are they always very noticeable?
Bacteria cannot survive in polish.

If you use google images and search pseudonoma nail infection there's lots of pics.

Pure , what concerns me is the questions so many therapists are asking, this all most defiantly should have been converted in college , yet another reason I am not pro these brand or product houses doing training.

*My personal opinion , no judgment on peeps who have done them.

Bacteria cannot survive in polish.

If you use google images and search pseudonoma nail infection there's lots of pics.

Thanks Pure.

The only images I've ever seen are well established cases. And I wondered if they started off less conspicuous.

Luckily enough I've not had a case as yet.

Pure , what concerns me is the questions so many therapists are asking, this all most defiantly should have been converted in college , yet another reason I am not pro these brand or product houses doing training.

*My personal opinion , no judgment on peeps who have done them.
I did my nail training with CND, I haven't done an NVQ qualification in Nails yet I was still taught all contraindications and contra actions so I don't think that's the problem. I think it's more about the quality of individual trainers regardless of the setting.

I do have NVQ 2 & 3 in beauty and there were people on both courses who passed at the end but who could never pass the assessments or written exams without the tutor practically doing it for them, yet they had to keep their pass numbers up. So college education isn't necessarily the solution.

Also there are countless private trainers now, either individuals or companies who simply 'buy' their accreditation and yet the qualification isn't worth the paper it's printed on. And don't get me started on those who train without accreditation!!

I don't know what the solution is but so long as individual techs ask the question, like the op, then that's a start. It's the ones who don't give a damn which are the worry.

Thanks Pure.

The only images I've ever seen are well established cases. And I wondered if they started off less conspicuous.

Luckily enough I've not had a case as yet.
Early stage will literally look like a small, very light green area. Left alone it will become established and can cause problems which will require medical intervention.

Early stage will literally look like a small, very light green area. Left alone it will become established and can cause problems which will require medical intervention.

Thanks again pure.

And for the 'beautifully put' response regarding training. Spot on.

I did my nail training with CND, I haven't done an NVQ qualification in Nails yet I was still taught all contraindications and contra actions so I don't think that's the problem. I think it's more about the quality of individual trainers regardless of the setting.

I do have NVQ 2 & 3 in beauty and there were people on both courses who passed at the end but who could never pass the assessments or written exams without the tutor practically doing it for them, yet they had to keep their pass numbers up. So college education isn't necessarily the solution.

Also there are countless private trainers now, either individuals or companies who simply 'buy' their accreditation and yet the qualification isn't worth the paper it's printed on. And don't get me started on those who train without accreditation!!

I don't know what the solution is but so long as individual techs ask the question, like the op, then that's a start. It's the ones who don't give a damn which are the worry.
I was discussing this with friends recently. We see it on FB groups on a daily basis and i and the amount of comments afterwards from other techs that don't know the contraindications or contra actions is troubling. These were part of our closed book exams before we could progress to enhancements.
That's one of the great things about SG, the info is here for those that want to find out.

I was discussing this with friends recently. We see it on FB groups on a daily basis and i and the amount of comments afterwards from other techs that don't know the contraindications or contra actions is troubling. These were part of our closed book exams before we could progress to enhancements.
That's one of the great things about SG, the info is here for those that want to find out.
I agree. I think 2 things should be compulsory before a new tech is allowed loose on the public.......
1. Own a copy of Doug Schoon's books.
2. Be a member of Salon Geek :D

I have a feeling it's when bacteria and moisturiser get trapped under lifting enhancements or gel polish. I was told you need to antibac the nail. Tools throw file and make sure that you reseal the natural nail with gel polish or new clean enhancement. Prevent oxygen and moisture from spending the green bacterial . Sometimes it's not the therapists fault but pickin and lifting enhancements.

Latest posts

Back