A good, reliable sunbed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richtraff

Reaction score
I'm looking to open a Tanning Clinic with my partner.

I'm trying to get an idea of what sun beds would be best to have in the place.

I'm not interested in anything fancy eg. Volume, lighting and ventilation control.
Just a good quality, basic, reliable bed that does great tans with descent ventilation.

Is there a 'stand-out' make and model that people tend to go for? Or are the all much the same.

No advice really, except I though tanning salons were a thing of the past, especially now we are so much more aware of the dangers of skin cancer and premature ageing !

The only dangers are if someone abuses them and the salon owner lets them. the natural sun is, if not more dangerous than a controlled sunbed!!!! I do beauty in a sunbed shop, and we use ergoline beds, they are amazing!! Id highly recommend one :) xx

I'm fully aware of the dangers of sun lamps and understand your concerns. But I believe they are fine in moderation. I think the key is to educate the user and make them fully aware of the negative effects. That way people can make their own choice.

I'm also offering spray tans in the premises. So people can go down whichever route they like to get the tan they wish.

Thanks for the advise on Ergoline. I'll look into them.

Any thoughts on Harpo? Seems to be another popular manufacturer.

Also, has anybody had any experience with High Pressure (HP) sunbeds? They seem to popular and highly regarded on the web; I just can't find a place that actually has them in real life :-/

I'm fully aware of the dangers of sun lamps and understand your concerns. But I believe they are fine in moderation. I think the key is to educate the user and make them fully aware of the negative effects. That way people can make their own choice.

I'm also offering spray tans in the premises. So people can go down whichever route they like to get the tan they wish.

Thanks for the advise on Ergoline. I'll look into them.

Any thoughts on Harpo? Seems to be another popular manufacturer.

Also, has anybody had any experience with High Pressure (HP) sunbeds? They seem to popular and highly regarded on the web; I just can't find a place that actually has them in real life :-/

Were im working now is the only sunbed shop ive worked in and its the best in our area (not biast honest haha) so not too sure about harpo. Ive heard a lot of good things about HP beds apparantly you dont need to go on them as much.
Spray tans is a good one :) make sure you put a sign in ur window too so everyone knows its not just a sunbed shop :) also winter is sunbeds quiet season lol have you thought about having a little beauty room for nails and beauty? X

Thanks for the advice.

I'm just sticking to tanning with this business; I don't really want to get into anything else.
It'd only add to staff and wouldn't work with the branding and marketing I have planned.

I understand the winter months would be slow - but with a cheap enough premises and working in some good winter-offers; it shouldn't be a big problem.

If anyone else has any recommendations for a make/model of sunbed - it'd be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back