a job affect condition of the nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
Just a question for you,
do you think that the job that somebody does can affect the condition of their nails? this is why i ask, most of my clients have little to NO lifting at all anymore, which i am very proud of lol :lol:however my sister inlaw....(!!!!) she is a checkout chick who is always having to press all the buttons on the register etc, (and she has told me that she used her NAILS!) not her fingers! always has so much lifting. now i try so hard with her nails, trying to get them perfect,strong etc and they are always lifted or broken etc....
anyway should it matter what type of job someone has or is it just the nails that i am doing on her?? soooo frustrated by this..:irked:
by the way i have tried both gel and acrylic with her and both the same.

You betcha the job has alot to do with how well they wear their nails..

I have a elderly client who does not do much of nothing all day but when she does..she uses her nails to do it! so i charge her accordingly.
I have a accountant who uses the 10key with her nails..she lifts.
when you are in a career or job that is a manual hands on job as in typing, or constant tapping of the nail tips. You will have that problem 9 out of 10 times.

I don't think her job would be entirely to blame, especially broken nails. Do you think she could be a closet picker?? Picking will definitely be thinning out her nail plate leading to lifting.:irked:
If she wasn't your sister in law, the situation could be helped by charging for every repair, then she would be more careful..I'm guessing as she's family your a softy on her?:lol:
Have you got her coming back every 2 weeks on the dot?

Latest posts

Back