A little intrigued with hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By not wanting it blunt cut I mean like holding the scissors at an angel to cut it instead of horizontal, thats all. I don't want a layer of hair 3 inches shorter than the rest or feathered around the front. I don't think that's not explaining myself very well?

I know I can be fussy with my hair, I wish I was a hairdresser and could remove my head and do my own hair but unfortunately I can't.

I wasn't the one that suggested I have high lift tint, I was happy with bleach until she told me bleach was more damaging and high lift tint will have the same results without as much damage...that's what got me scared when she started mixing up bleach. Enlighten me on the difference please ;)

I know I can be fussy with my hair, I wish I was a hairdresser and could remove my head and do my own hair but unfortunately I can't.

Me too. I think most hairdressers hate other people doing our hair, to be honest!

I wasn't the one that suggested I have high lift tint, I was happy with bleach until she told me bleach was more damaging and high lift tint will have the same results without as much damage...that's what got me scared when she started mixing up bleach. Enlighten me on the difference please ;)

Blimey, maybe you do need to change hairdressers if she's the one telling you bleach is more damaging!
You can lighten hair more gently using a lower volume of peroxide with bleach, then tone afterwards, if necessary.

With a highlift, you need to use a higher volume of peroxide and this can cause damage to the outside cuticle of the hair, if it's reapplied to the same area on subsequent occasions, which some hairdressers do when re-doing highlights, for instance.

Most clients don't notice because they slather silicone based conditioners on their hair, so it still feels shiny but if the cuticle layers get damaged, you find the colour doesn't last very long.

Last edited:
Blimey, maybe you do need to change hairdressers if she's the one telling you bleach is more damaging!
You can lighten hair more gently using a lower volume of peroxide with bleach, then tone afterwards, if necessary.

With a highlift, you need to use a higher volume of peroxide and this can cause damage to the outside cuticle of the hair, if it's reapplied to the same area on subsequent occasions, which some hairdressers do when re-doing highlights, for instance.

Most clients don't notice because they slather silicone based conditioners on their hair, so it still feels shiny but if the cuticle layers get damaged, you find the colour doesn't last very long.

Oh dear.....no wonder my hair feels so dry the majority of the time :( thank you for your reply :)

Demand a blunt cut @ 0 degrees elevation, fringe included with no detailing

Latest posts

Back