A pink dream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TickTickBoom

Reaction score
Hey,

I need a little bit of advice.... I'm trying to get a nice shade of pink. I've been trying out different semi-permanent veggie dyes for just about 2 years ..... I just can't stand any neon colours....bubblegum also winds me up and that's pretty much what I keep getting. I want a pink that will start dark and gradually fade to a nice pastel....A bit like the gorgeous Inthefrow's (I don't know her real name). My hair is in a fair condition considering all the torture I've put it though, I protein treat and deep condition as needed, but it does pick up colour deposits quite well so still porous. My base is platinum although my natural hair is a warm brown. I get stubborn red and yellow tones and use fudge's purple shampoo regularly.

I was thinking about using fudge's no lift catalyst (1.5%) cause I don't need to lift, but I don't know. I'm not adverse to using 3%. I just don't know what colours to mix and what ratio's. I'm done with veggie dyes, I need to try something new!

Please don't tell me to go to a salon; it's not them, it's me. I can't cope with them. I have my hair trimmed twice a year and even those 15 minutes are hard work and I end up having an attack of the vapours. Every. Time. :(

Hit me with some knowledge!

Dolly
X

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a beauty geek but tbh with u I don't think any of the lads and lasses from the hair geek forum will be able to help you in terms of giving you formulas etc. They will probably suggest you go and visit a professional, regardless of wether you particularly like goin to a salon or not.

I'm just putting it out there incase you are waiting long for a reply :)

X.

..... I may be spending the next two years experimenting aswell then. Great.

Any brand reccomendations at least?

fml

And what exactly are you planning to use with that information?

I figured if Ion do educational packages, so will others... and I was right. The information is out there, I just looked in the wrong places initially.

The information may be out there but that doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to do a professional job.

Reading something doesn't give you a certain skill that is required to carry out something effectively. We could all be experts at everything if this was the case.

Just sayin :)

I figured if Ion do educational packages, so will others... and I was right. The information is out there, I just looked in the wrong places initially.

If your lightening too a soft pink then I strongly suggest you get it cut more often than twice a year, and who can cut your hair in 15 mins! The bleach will cause damadge to the hair which needs to be cut regularly to avoid breakage x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

So I did the do yesterday... I used wella products, followed the instructions, watched online tutorials and bore those tips in mind... And what do you know.... It's perfect. My main concern was the differences in porosity in some areas but I used a pre-colour treatment and there's no patches at all. I'm used to patches with veggie dyes. It was one of the things I was so fed up with actually, but this is maze balls. So happy.

And as for me getting my hair cut twice a year, my hair very robust, and I keep it very well despite the lightening I've done over two years.... I also add Goldwell lifting serum too my dyes and use only 1.9% developer and 6% on regrowth with 9 levels of lift. If it needed doing more I would probably suck it up and go to the salon, so please don't be concerned. I get this doesn't work for everyone; but I'm glad it does for me.

So I did the do yesterday... I used wella products, followed the instructions, watched online tutorials and bore those tips in mind... And what do you know.... It's perfect. My main concern was the differences in porosity in some areas but I used a pre-colour treatment and there's no patches at all. I'm used to patches with veggie dyes. It was one of the things I was so fed up with actually, but this is maze balls. So happy.

And as for me getting my hair cut twice a year, my hair very robust, and I keep it very well despite the lightening I've done over two years.... I also add Goldwell lifting serum too my dyes and use only 1.9% developer and 6% on regrowth with 9 levels of lift. If it needed doing more I would probably suck it up and go to the salon, so please don't be concerned. I get this doesn't work for everyone; but I'm glad it does for me.

Good for you

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Is ur profile pic the result?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back