A question about Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoken-words

Reaction score
Hey, im a nail geek but not trained in any gel polishes (or whatever term is used). I was wondering when you have the polish does it stop your nails from chipping/tearing? What i mean is one minute your fine and the next minute you might notice you have ripped your free edge slightly etc do you know what i mean?

If you're trying to ask whether using shellac protects your nails, then I say yes, as long as they are in pretty good condition to start with.
My nails tend to split very easily when they get a bit of length, but with the shellac, I find it does help with this. It's like wearing a protective overcoat!

Not totally sure what you mean but its a "coat of armour" for your nails so does help, esecially when used in conjunction with SolarOil as this nourishes them.

I mean my nails Are healthy, i can grow them to about 1/2 cm of free edge and then i might clean the house top to bottom and find a small tear across my nail across, then i have to cut my nails. Do you know what i mean now?

I wanted to know if that can prevent that :)

Yes, I'm sure it will help, especially if you wear rubber gloves to do your house work.
I have several clients who came to me after visiting other salons that had seriously damaged their nails, and shellac has protected them whilst growing, and also, with the use of regular oiling, they now have very healthy nails.

yes, it will most definitely help with this issue :)

Attachments

• Shellac4.jpg
    Shellac4.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,569
Oooo okay, yep thats what i meant. Always happens to one!

I had terrible weak damaged nails from years of abuse (nail biter until I was 18).
However after wearing Shellac for 27 months they have never been stronger.

I tried a few times during this time to go without and after about 36-48 hours, I HAVE to Shellac myself. Not because of weakness but because I miss my super shiny nails!

Yes, it really does get addictive dosn't it?

Latest posts

Back