A question for those that only offer Gelish & no other services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~shelley~

Reaction score
I reciently have completed my gelish training course & have set up mobile offering only Gelish. Im dipping my toe back in as have taken a few years out of the industry.
I have started building up clients through word of mouth & my facebook page & I am really pleased with how well its going so far.
I just have a quick question, I am going to order some business cards & price lists today & just wondered for those only offering Gelish, what do you have on your pricelists?
I was thinking...

Gelish Hands
Gelish Toes
Gelish Hands & Feet (as I do a discount for both)
Soak off with no new set reapplyed

I dont charge extra for a soak off if the client is having a new set applyed

I just wondered what everyone else has, incase I've missed anything.

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nail art?
Gelish with structure gel?
Full manicure/pedicure with Gelish? (If you're trained in this)

Ah yes gelish with structure gel, thank you
I am qualified in mani & pedi but wont be offering them at the moment but great idea for the future :)

Are you sure you don't want to offer mani/pedi? Could be a good thing to offer if clients want a break from gelish?

What would be the cost of a soak off and then reapplication of gelish?

My friend does gelish, lovely colours :)

I think if I start getting asked for mani & pedi I will consider offering them , I just cant justify the outlay at the moment but if the demand is there then I will reconsider :)

I think if I start getting asked for mani & pedi I will consider offering them , I just cant justify the outlay at the moment but if the demand is there then I will reconsider :)

If you offer a nice little mani and pedi...say a 30 minute treatment and a 45 minute treatment you could up-sell Gelish to any new clients that are not sure about gel polish.

Just start your polish collection at 6 colours perhaps ones that match some of your gelish...this also covers you for any clients that book and perhaps have nails which are not suited to gelish (damage, weakness) and also ones that want gelish on hands, but not on their feet as they would prefer polish? Just a thought :0):biggrin:

Vitagel manicures
Hand and foot masks in addition to gelish,
Definitely hard skin removal if not pedicures!

thanks for the replies :) lots to think about x

I think you should offer manicures too. The preparation for Gelish is the same roughly as a manicure, so it would only be the polish that you would need. I think you could pick up a few minis somewhere cheap. Mavala are nice as are OPI.
I have a few clients that have started with manicures, and gone over to Gelish. Plus it looks nice on your menu if you have a few more treatments to offer. Manicure vouchers are also an ideal gift for Christmas for anyone!

Don't take this the wrong way but I think only offering Gelish makes you look a little unprofessional. The fact that you offer mani and pedi too would make you look more qualified and knowledgeable rather than someone who just popped off to do a one day course in Gelish.

Clients dont know that you need a mani qualification to do the Gelish course. For all they know you could have just bought it all from ebay with no qualifications whatsoever. As a customer I would be wary of a nail tech or beautician offering only one service.

Have a good think about it. I offer pedicures and manicures only with or without Gelish or normal polish. 50% of my work is pedicures. It's a great little earner as there are loads of ladies out there who can no longer reach their feet! :D

I hope this won't be taken the wrong way but I also thought it seemed a bit unprofessional. (Didn't like to say).
It sounds like someone who just offers this is in it for the quick buck and not for client care. I'm not saying that applies to you at all but that may be what clients think.

I do appreciate your point & opinion but I am qualified in beauty therapy, CND acrylic & Brisa, spray tans & more & used to run my own beauty room/business but at this moment in time feel like I want to become the best I can at Gelish before I start offering other services due to taking time out. I would do refresher courses before offering anything else due to the industy & techniques changing all the time.
Anyway going way off topic there....
Thanks everyone for your help, I've ordered my business cards & pricelists now & can't wait for them to arrive :)

I do appreciate your point & opinion but I am qualified in beauty therapy, CND acrylic & Brisa, spray tans & more & used to run my own beauty room/business but at this moment in time feel like I want to become the best I can at Gelish before I start offering other services due to taking time out. I would do refresher courses before offering anything else due to the industy & techniques changing all the time.
Anyway going way off topic there....
Thanks everyone for your help, I've ordered my business cards & pricelists now & can't wait for them to arrive :)

I think you can make a business from gelish, just make sure you offer, different options, i.e. French, rock stars, stamping, foils, crystals, structure gel and nail repairs with fibreglass etc, these will all bulk out your price list as well. Good luck :) x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe I'm missing the point or just generally going mad, but I still don't get why you would exclude a manicure from your list of services. If you have done the Gelish course, the prep for the application for Gelish is exactly the same as the service I do for a manicure, so it's not exactly a different option that you would have to re-learn.
Whilst it is up to you what you offer and it appears that you have made your choice, I still feel that you are excluding clients that will book for a manicure but will go out with a Gelish!
Some clients just don't know what they really want or need, so they will book for a safe manicure but really like to try a gel, if someone would take the time to explain it to them. Let alone those that you can recommend a fitting treatment to their nails. Upselling is the goal!

I only offer Gelish for nails but do Nouvatan Spray Tans and ear piercing and am training in waxing soon. I never get asked for manicures and don't think it makes sense to offer them as the price I could charge but would be less than Gelish and it takes the same time. I don't think its unprofessional to offer Gelish only. I do Rockstars, nail art, structure to build up broken nails and strengthen weak nails, toes and also Kooky foil toes. I've been busy all year.

Maybe I'm missing the point or just generally going mad, but I still don't get why you would exclude a manicure from your list of services. If you have done the Gelish course, the prep for the application for Gelish is exactly the same as the service I do for a manicure, so it's not exactly a different option that you would have to re-learn.
Whilst it is up to you what you offer and it appears that you have made your choice, I still feel that you are excluding clients that will book for a manicure but will go out with a Gelish!
Some clients just don't know what they really want or need, so they will book for a safe manicure but really like to try a gel, if someone would take the time to explain it to them. Let alone those that you can recommend a fitting treatment to their nails. Upselling is the goal!

I'm with you on this one. I'm missing something too. Well, actually it's the OP who will be missing something in the long run....money!

I'm in this business for the love and the money, not just the love. Sometimes it's best to think outside the box or put yourself in a potential new client's shoes to get a better business head on.

It's like my neighbours over the road who spent 50K refitting their new house with bathrooms, new kitchen etc which didn't add any money to the property, only for the new buyers to rip it all out and start from scratch.

I only offer Gelish for nails but do Nouvatan Spray Tans and ear piercing and am training in waxing soon. I never get asked for manicures and don't think it makes sense to offer them as the price I could charge but would be less than Gelish and it takes the same time. I don't think its unprofessional to offer Gelish only. I do Rockstars, nail art, structure to build up broken nails and strengthen weak nails, toes and also Kooky foil toes. I've been busy all year.

So you don't offer only one service. You do tanning and ear piercing too, and all the other naily bits you mentioned. This is the point I am making. Just offering one service looks unprofessional in my opinion for the reasons I stated earlier. But each to their own. :|

Mobile manicure, I dont understand why you are being so rude to me over the question I asked.
Why would my clients think I bought my products off ebay? I am fully qualified as stated before & they know this. If clients think that of me why wouldnt they think that of any other tech or salon?
You have said im missing something, im not an idiot, you know nothing about my business or the hours I work or how many clients I have.
I will obviously not just be doing a basic set of gelish I will offer structure, nail art etc etc , I am currently chatting to my educator about doing the design course.
How & why would you compare me to your neighbours kitchen?
I am not unprofessional as you have said, I feel very offended.
So you are basically saying if I started offering tans & ear piercing like the other geek that replyed to me I would be more professional??
I feel like you are taking this too far & it is becoming personal towards me when I was only asking for advice on what to add on my business cards!
I used to love this site & as you can see by my post count was on it a lot this is the 1st question I have asked in years & I have ended up feeling upset, angry & offended so think I will stick to just reading posts from now on :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back